Access

Hi, I’m new to the site and trying this(Access) as my first box.
I used an****** with f** and got 2 files.
I grep’d “password” on the DB which I turned into a text format and found a file with 3 credentials all of which I tried in t*****.
One of the credentials told me the user didn’t have access so I thought to look at the .zip which I found to be encrypted.
After grepping for a bit and manually looking through files of interest and the log files for anything of interest I’ve found nothing which unlocks the .zip.
Would someone mind giving me hint on what to look for in DB.
It seems I’ve overlooked something simple.

And of course I did overlook something simple. Turns out the pw was what I used for t***** , the one that gave user didn’t have access. I use Ubuntu Bionic as my OS and to uncompress and unencrypt I used unzip. When using unzip I kept getting an error,
“Unsupported compression method 99”
which made me think I had the wrong password.
After reading Decompression of zip file fails with error "unsupported compression method 99" on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 - Red Hat Customer Portal
and understanding what that error actually means I realized that unzip doesn’t support the encryption method use for this file. Don’t use unzip, hopefully this comment saves the next person a headache.

i have the password for pst file and read the things written in there but cant understand what to do next. any hint?

now i’m stuck on the r**** command and the a******** password ! any hints please ?

Anyone willing to PM i have set up a windows environment and got the correct syntax of the r**** command but still no luck on the box. Thanks ahead of time!

Working on privesc…I’ve tried many variations of r**** command to no avail. If anyone wouldn’t mind PMing me with a nudge in the right direction I’d be really grateful :smiley:

As many have said having a Windows VM to test was clutch, also enumerating all files will pretty much give you the command you will need, to do what you need to do. What file that is, well that’s an exercise for the user. :wink:

I got root!!

thanks @clmtn@Beggy@brohlm@iphkvm@summerboy
and
Thanks to those who have helped me.

Rooted. If someone needs a hint PM me :smiley:

Hello friends

I have a user shell but I can’t raise with the famous r***s someone could tell me what I’m missing. or what to look for.

Greetings

So i managed user after a couple of hours but like many before i’m stuck with root. I get that R**** needs to be used here but i cannot for the life of me get the right syntax and its driving me mad if someone could give me a hint or any advise it would be much appreciated

@juggydancesqd said:
So i managed user after a couple of hours but like many before i’m stuck with root. I get that R**** needs to be used here but i cannot for the life of me get the right syntax and its driving me mad if someone could give me a hint or any advise it would be much appreciated
come PM i’ll give you some hints

Massive thanks to @8l4ck21 for helping me out with root!

So i have the User.txt but struggling with Root.txt. I am aware of the R**** command and have tried for the last 3 hours trying to get the right syntax, i am testing on a W10 VM and getting nowhere. Is any body able to push me in the right direction or throw a hint at me. Thanks

@M1st3r3 said:
So i have the User.txt but struggling with Root.txt. I am aware of the R**** command and have tried for the last 3 hours trying to get the right syntax, i am testing on a W10 VM and getting nowhere. Is any body able to push me in the right direction or throw a hint at me. Thanks

come PM i’ll give you some hints

rooted thanks @darkcyber

Thank you to @8l4ck21 Access is now rooted.

Hello

Someone who can help me to elevate privileges

Greetings

@noobsaibo said:
Hello

Someone who can help me to elevate privileges

Greetings

read this thread first, try to understand, you can drop me a message if need help.

I am struggling to access the f— I have tried hydra but think user is escaping me!! Any advice welcome :slight_smile: thanks in advance