Chaos

no clue where you guys are getting creds from

@r3no said:

@An0maly said:

@Milo said:
Any hint about where is the we***il panel?? have creds but don´t know where to place them :frowning:

one of the first things I found , It’s right there where it should be , you probably missed it going over your initial enumeration . No idea where you found creds though , that eludes me …

“it’s right there where it should be”

Let me know how it goes with the obvious one, after you get the credentials LOL. I made the same mistake initially.

I think I found the ‘way’ to locate it , still no creds though …

Edit: Stop hoping to find the credentials in some realistic location/fashion. You won’t. That’s what tripped me up. Go back to your basic enumeration results and find something that requires a password. The password can be found on that very same page, right in front of your face.

I cannot find something inside the mail servers(seems empty), neither i can connect to the web portal with those creds… :frowning: . what am i missing?

@opt1kz said:
Edit: Stop hoping to find the credentials in some realistic location/fashion. You won’t. That’s what tripped me up. Go back to your basic enumeration results and find something that requires a password. The password can be found on that very same page, right in front of your face.

I already found what do you mean but i didn’t find the correct password :anguished:

Edit: Never mind i found it :wink:

@opt1kz said:

Been reading between the lines of everything I can find. I feel like im going to kick myself once I find it.

Ok did usual enumeration for the port, even found a well known CMS. I did the Fav NSE script and found the service name but not making since when trying to find credentials.

I keep having a padding error while decoding the file :frowning: Can some help me out on that ?

@goa54 said:
I keep having a padding error while decoding the file :frowning: Can some help me out on that ?

PM.

Another shitty box from sahay. Initial foothold was something imaginary , if you stuck you at the beginning you have to pray and wait for the light to come and save you because it was complete nonsense . After going through much more imaginary things and guessing, managed to get a low priv shell but the pain didn’t finished at all because you have to run from something with again much more guessing. This box is complete pain in the ■■■ and nonsense. Waste of time.

Got root after some crazy enumerations . I shouldn’t have forgotten that this machine is complete nonsense and getting root was same . Enumerate the files under your user , you will find something juicy.

I dont know what to say about this box. Lots of rabbit holes , lots of things that makes you crazy.Lots of imaginary things . Lots of guessing. Complete waste of time.

@mpoitsos said:
I cannot find something inside the mail servers(seems empty), neither i can connect to the web portal with those creds… :frowning: . what am i missing?

Same boat here… lol

@mpoitsos said:

f you are sitting on your computer writing an email to your friend and suddenly you accidentally close your browser, where do you think it is possible to see what you were writing again? :slight_smile:

@samsepi0l said:

@mpoitsos said:

f you are sitting on your computer writing an email to your friend and suddenly you accidentally close your browser, where do you think it is possible to see what you were writing again? :slight_smile:

really nice hint.

Cant figure out where tf to find the wil. Found the win, and the creds to the wil, but no w*il.

@r3no said:
I have a feeling that this will be another frolic!

I have a feeling you’re not wrong

@morph3 said:
Another shitty box from sahay. Initial foothold was something imaginary , if you stuck you at the beginning you have to pray and wait for the light to come and save you because it was complete nonsense . After going through much more imaginary things and guessings, managed to get a low priv shell but the pain didn’t finished at all because you have to run from something with again much more guessings. This box is complete pain in the ■■■ and nonse. Waste of time.

I thought you were exaggerating at first, but holy ■■■■…

Everyone is rating root as very easy, what obvious thing did i miss? Got an easy user, but stuck on priv esc for a while …

Cant find anything useful in ml, maybe the rc_s***s? I really don’t know what basic step i missed…

Hint for user initial: Its right there. Literally. Dont be like me and search up and high everywhere.

Hint for user: Evolve to the machines needs. If you are stuck on w*****l, its not really something that should give you a brainfuck.

@legerdemain said:
Cant figure out where tf to find the wil. Found the win, and the creds to the wil, but no w*il.

where are these creds!?

I have user.txt!

It’s a fun machine, like Frolic you have to use a little creativity

Initial Foothold:
Enumerate as always with Nmap and Gobuster, when you get to the initial question do not start using complex things, the answer is in front of you, for those who are stuck in w*****l, I advise my previous track in this thread, look well that is the way, after this only use Google and Python.

If you can decode “that” then … In the next part I had a little problem, and I did not see what I decoded, as you always have to read what you have in front of your eyes, you will go to another paradigm, a T****** p** m****, use Google is not so complex to do the most fun in this part

User:
It’s quite simple, if you already have something that you got in the foothold, try using it on the machine again maybe it will work

Looking for the root :bleep_bloop:

Stuck on root as well. I’m assuming it’s more #GuessTheBox CTF ■■■■. sigh

Lol no, what you need is right there in front of your nose. Don’t you think it’s weird that there’s some data but the program that supposedly uses it isn’t even installed?