Lightweight

Comments

• can connect to ssh, but cant seem to figure out how to get user, can someone give me a hint or PM me

• edited December 2018

Hi, i need some help in this box, i found alot of things but i can't see the right path
    will someone PM me, thanks

• AT LAST USER!!! I had it since the begining but I didn't look close.
    Now going for root.

epsequiel

• Hi, please, I need some help getting user, I have tried a great deal of things, can someone PM me please, thanks

Hack The Box

• think i have user not sure, can somone pm? appreciated!

• oof i've got user, but i'm like 99.74% sure i didn't do it right :/
    can someone else DM me about it? i'm pretty sure i'm missing something

0x41

• Rooted!

Thanks mates for the help in the user part. Lesson learned. D:

Root part is straightforward, just follow the @fjv tips in this thread. :+1:

PM if you are stuck! ^_^

ferreirasc
    OSCP | CRTE | Pentest+ | DCPT

• Anyone got any hint on how to circumvent the websites banning system? Thoroughly stuck...

center

• @Center said:
    Anyone got any hint on how to circumvent the websites banning system? Thoroughly stuck...

time waiting

1nitiative

• edited December 2018

@Center said:
    Anyone got any hint on how to circumvent the websites banning system? Thoroughly stuck...

As you can see browsing to port 80, you already have the answer to your question:

"This server is protected against some kinds of threats, for instance, bruteforcing. If you try to bruteforce some of the exposed services you may be banned up to 5 minutes.

If you get banned it's your fault, so please do not reset the box and let other people do their work while you think a different approach."

That is to say: "Think a different approach."

0xEA31

• hi mates, i have been trying to capture the intended packets for a while, but nothing seems to be working!!! can someone who already did it, give it a try to check if it is working?

Hack The Box

• @Center you can bypass the banning, but you really don't need to.

• Last part was nice :)

Arrexel

• > @IteXss said:
    > hi mates, i have been trying to capture the intended packets for a while, but nothing seems to be working!!! can someone who already did it, give it a try to check if it is working?

Output it to a file and read it with another packet reading program on your local machine.
  • @Phrenesis2k said:
    > @IteXss said:
    > hi mates, i have been trying to capture the intended packets for a while, but nothing seems to be working!!! can someone who already did it, give it a try to check if it is working?

Output it to a file and read it with another packet reading program on your local machine.

xxd is quicker :)

Arrexel

• Hi everybody,

I am stuck on the lowpriv shell. Could someone PM me with hints to escalate to user?

Thanks in advance

Hack The Box

• can any one point me in the right direction. I do not see anything that sticks out. I see people are talking about capabilities but I do not see any files that would help with that. A PM with a nudge would be helpful. Maybe even a website with some information. Thank you.

Hack The Box

• @librab103 said:
    can any one point me in the right direction. I do not see anything that sticks out. I see people are talking about capabilities but I do not see any files that would help with that. A PM with a nudge would be helpful. Maybe even a website with some information. Thank you.

Look a bit closer, its there, took me a while. I've found them, if anyone could help me exploit as never done it before would be a help.

• @scottglossop said:

@librab103 said:
    can any one point me in the right direction. I do not see anything that sticks out. I see people are talking about capabilities but I do not see any files that would help with that. A PM with a nudge would be helpful. Maybe even a website with some information. Thank you.

Look a bit closer, its there, took me a while. I've found them, if anyone could help me exploit as never done it before would be a help.

I will take another look at the box later.

Hack The Box

• Got root flag but no shell so far.
    Going to look how to get root shell.
    If anyone needs help feel free to PM me.

Baikuya
    OSCP

• @lnx said:

@Phrenesis2k said:
    > @IteXss said:

Even strings can do the job!

• @korrey said:

@lnx said:

@Phrenesis2k said:
    > @IteXss said:

yes, its better ;)

Arrexel

• @korrey said:

@lnx said:

@Phrenesis2k said:
    > @IteXss said:

Thx, i'll keep that in mind for the next time.

• Digging around for user. If anyone has a non spoiler hint please PM me :)

• Hi, I need some help regarding the user. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

• nice hint @avetamine, what he wrote is all you need to get the flag!!

Hack The Box

• edited December 2018

That's weird, I used the exact method you describe but for login as *****. Once logged in there are no binaries in its home.

epsequiel

• took me a few moments to figure out what i was looking at and a bit more verbose digging, but once i got it grabbing root was very simple. great box and a bit more LDAP knowledge i can use in the future

0x41

• This was a good box. It's a lesson in staying quiet and listening patiently. PM me if you need a nudge.

billbrasky

• @0x41 said:
    took me a few moments to figure out what i was looking at and a bit more verbose digging, but once i got it grabbing root was very simple. great box and a bit more LDAP knowledge i can use in the future

did you use ldap to get root? just asking as im going down another route?

Sign In to comment.