Irked

I got a shell, and able look thru the box. But nothing stands out. LOL I know windows, but not Linux. I did find a user with that text, but nothing else stands out. can someone PM some tips?

@BaDRii said:
Can someone PM hint for root, stuck. :angry:

Were you able to get the root?

Rooted ! But still no clue about the stego part for user, can someone light my candle on the subject ? =D

I found the port number for I** but I couldn’t get a shell with using msf any help would be very appreciated (pls)

@mmovlyamov said:

@BaDRii said:
Can someone PM hint for root, stuck. :angry:

Were you able to get the root?

No :angry:
Only shell. Used a lot of options, did not get

i’m on the correct way ?
I found the I** service , i’m trying to exploit it!
I’m trying it with msf and 41****.**

finally got root!

Huge thanks to @Baikuya - in the end root is easy… once you know how to get it. Learned a lot digging around.

Huge thanks for all. Finally, I got shell and root.
I learned a lot with the box, like fundamentals for enumeration and many other things for initial study.

Hello

friends someone can give me a clue as to what bin it takes to climb privilege.

Salu2

Thanks AzAxIal, root was driving me nuts.

Been spending hours on Privesc. Can anyone please PM for help? I’m tracking “enumerate” (duh, always the answer, doesn’t help) and there’s a unique bin. Tried some stuff but nothings been working (least I’ve learned a ton!). Thanks!!

Came back to this and finally rooted!!! Definitely had to live by the motto Try Harder. PM for help. I was getting so frustrated and spent a TON of time on PrivEsc, but finally getting it feels amazing.

Biggest tip that helped me that I think will help others – when you look something up, include the full path and if you can’t get any search results that make sense for a Linux system, that might be something to explore.

Privesc is totally flying over my head. I’ve viewed an unusual bin that seems to take input from a file we can tmper with. Various things that seem sensible to put in that file all result in errors. I’d be interested to hear how people worked out the correct way to use it.

hello! Im new in HTB just start this machione and got a low priv shell… a question the flags are located always in a specific folder “oscp” like? Or are they anywhere on the box? Thanks!

Got the root flag at last!

Most of this was pretty straight forward and a useful exercise in going over things I had not done for a while.

The process you need to follow to get the root flag IMHO is pretty daft, in some ways too simple and a little unrealistic but it is what it is and i’m grateful for the experience and to @MrAgent for making the box.

Glad you liked the box. I actually did see something like this on an engagement not too long ago.

This box seems so unstable…

Whilst I wait, any tips on where or what the .b***** is!? I see this threat is very helpful but no idea.

Am I looking at the files presented in my initial shell?..

Please PM if happy to help a newbie hacker…

I need some help for the final piece. New to linux, so not sure what to look for. Followed all enumeration tips, but don’t really know what looks odd… All of Linux looks odd to me.

So, this box is my first live box and only my second box total. Its pretty clear to me that a mentor would be beneficial haha. Anyone able to give me something to read on or study to help me learn how to get root on this box?? Thanks in advance!