Curling

So I got the user, but don’t have a clue to how i get root. I know it’s about the two files there, i know what they are but can’t exploit them.
Don’t know if i can get a hint or smth

Hello all,

I got the user.txt, now im stuck trying to get root.txt and a shell
Im looking at the ps -ef and seeing a reoccuring process over and over. and i see the a****-a*** but now i am stuck.
Not sure how to use C*** either properly to take advantage.

I am in desperate need of a hint to move forward, one to get the root.txt and another to get a shell

thanks

Hello,

I am not able to get a shell on machine. Whenever I run the shell code, it gives me 110 error and my listener doesn’t capture anything at all. Can anyone give me hint from PM?

I’m also stuck on root.txt, have watched the a****-a*** and seen the commands being run, but unsure how to use C*** with the right i**** . It’s definitely something simple that I’m not familiar with if anyone could please give me a hint in the right direction

i am able to get root flag and user flag,

can someone please pm me with hints on how to get root shell. specifically commands im suppose to use. i already got the shadow file, i just now need to know how to replace it

initial foothold was just funny, actually laughed at it. I’m ashamed to admit that rooting the box took a lot longer than I expected. Sometimes you just get lost in the weeds and have to take a step back and don’t overthink things. Hint for root: This machine is very aptly named!

I’m still stuck at getting shell. Can anyone PM me?

Need help with root if anyone can pm me.

Im getting stuck on root. Im pretty sure im suppose to use the files in the a*****-a*** and I think im suppose to use the c*** cmd in some way. Can anyone PM me and tell me if im on the right track or not?

See many asking for PM for hints, as I dont want to spoil and like to be effective I would prefer you PM me if you still need hints. But tell me where you are and what you have done so far.

Could someone enlighten me on how to get a root shell? I have a few concepts and tried them but they don’t seem to work here.
(So I owned root.txt already, just to make this clear)
Nvm, got it.

Anybody else having problems with response times on this box?

I’ve grabbed working creds and trying to take them further, but everything in the area when you can use them is SERIOUSLY slow to the point of being unusable.

edit - it was still deathly slow after resets, but fine the next day

Got the user.txt and root.txt
but the root.txt permission have anything wrong?

Hey guys, curling is my first ever CTF attempt… I’ve managed to fumble my way into user and can see the a-a folder everyone is talking about. Can also see the files being accessed… but not sure where to go from there. Can someone please PM me with a nudge in the right direction?

Finally got root flag, but I cannot figure out how to get a root shell.

EDIT: I must just have the syntax wrong. I can get what I want from the user shell to spawn a reverse user shell, but I cannot get the same result using input. If I am one the right track, please PM me.

Can anyone help me? Currently stuck at a****-ar**, and managed to see the command in the processes. Tried looking at the man for c**L but still didn’t get it

Hey, i found interesting file s*****.txt on inspect element but didn’t get clue for the username to login admin joomla, anyone can give me a clue? i tried to create username wordlist but didn’t success to login admin page

Hey, i found interesting file s*****.txt on inspect element but didn’t get clue for the username to login admin joomla, anyone can give me a clue? i tried to create username wordlist but didn’t success to login admin page

Can somebody help me with final stage, I just need right syntax to get my file (output of file of course) :slight_smile:

Edit: rooted, nevermind… :slight_smile:

@blackcat said:

Read…The…articles! This will give you what you are looking for 100% Good Luck!