Hint for Waldo

I have managed to get the user flag. I am now on root. I did some JB*****K and basic unumeration. I have a feeling that the JB*****K won’t help. I did more but I can’t go into details because of spoiler.
I am stuck and I won’t give up. Can some send me PM with a small hint?

Hey everyone looking for a nudge in the right direction re: initial foothold. I know whats happening, know what Im supposed to do, think my php just needs a little tweak. PM if you’re willing to give me a small hint :slight_smile:

This one is driving me mad to get the foothold

@lmalvo83 said:
This one is driving me mad to get the foothold

Check what you initially find out about the box there’s something that will gain your initial foothold in the box if you need help PM me

Anyone got any ideas? Been playing with RESTClient to try read directories or files using fd.php and dd.php but its returning false on whatever I throw at it. Any ideas? The background image requires a passphrase to extract st**** data from it.

Im suck and not sure what is wrong. I got the m****** file and put it though sed to strip out everything bad, but then I try to ssh n****y@10.10.10.87 and I am getting “Permissions 0644 for ‘********.key’ are too open.
It is required that your private key files are NOT accessible by others.
This private key will be ignored.”

Can anyone give me a hint as to where I have gone wrong?

@Makarios said:
Im suck and not sure what is wrong. I got the m****** file and put it though sed to strip out everything bad, but then I try to ssh n****y@10.10.10.87 and I am getting “Permissions 0644 for ‘********.key’ are too open.

That error tells you exactly what the issue is, just chmod to the right perms

@Derezzed said:

@Makarios said:

I did try to chmod 777 it, but It comes up with the same resluts. Only difference is it says “Permissions 0777” instead of “Permissions 0644”

@Makarios said:

@Derezzed said:

@Makarios said:

I did try to chmod 777 it, but It comes up with the same resluts. Only difference is it says “Permissions 0777” instead of “Permissions 0644”

http://bfy.tw/LHwW

:bleep_bloop:

@Makarios said:

@Derezzed said:

@Makarios said:

It’s telling you that the key file shouldn’t be accessible to others, 777 gives it more perms :confused:

@Derezzed said:

@Makarios said:

@Derezzed said:

@Makarios said:

It’s telling you that the key file shouldn’t be accessible to others, 777 gives it more perms :confused:

yeah, i got it now. Its late and im idiot. i went the wrong way, thank you for your help

@Makarios said:

@Derezzed said:

@Makarios said:

@Derezzed said:

@Makarios said:

yeah, i got it now. Its late and im idiot. i went the wrong way, thank you for your help

Haha, no worries.

Finally managed to get the user.txt on n***** user. really struggling with root. Any suggestions?

blocked by the enumeration… any hint ?

There’s an imba file in the host. Exhaust all means to enumerate.

Rooted. All the methods used are really simple, though in the privesc i required some hints in order to proceed also a google search proved to be useful , and root was about a matter of seconds, a very well made box, kudos !!

Stuck on root… I’ve broken out of the rbash using r**d but am not finding a way to read root. Could someone PM me a hint…? :slight_smile: Thanks in advance

Learnt something new in the PrivEsc - uncertain as to whether I enjoyed it, but I certainly learnt something new and important.

Got user and root after a few days of playing with the box and a lot of trial and error. A great learning exercise. On to the next box.

hi there, i am new and in need of a hint…been stuck on simple dir…tra… techniques and i think i am overlooking something or have a string/command error and cant figure it out?! anyone wants to give me a clue via PM ? i have a feeling that i am on the right path but hitting a wall for now… ps.: i am able to read/write lists, add data to them, see the html/localhost folder, but not able to access them…also tried different URI decodings etc…i am pretty new on website attacks as well :smiley: thx alot!!