Irked

Finally rooted! thanks @Pal0f
I learned a lot

@marine said:
got root…pm for hints…

got that particular process with higher privileges, confused what to do with it

@Baikuya said:
Rooted this box. If anyone need a hint feel free to PM me :slight_smile:
need some hint about the very last step of priv esc, got that file, but dont know what to do with it

Lost on this one, read the nmap output, looking at RPC. Am I going around this the right way? Any help offered, I’d be grateful. Just need a steer to get inital foothold…

@masterrabbit said:
Lost on this one, read the nmap output, looking at RPC. Am I going around this the right way? Any help offered, I’d be grateful. Just need a steer to get inital foothold…

the text in the webpage shows you the hint to a port. you will find much more thing in that particular port.

@masterrabbit said:

Depending on the type of scan you ran you should find something Interesting about one of them

Just got root on box thanks to @Baikuya and @meuacan for the help

A warning to people having problems seems this box is getting hammered with resets and scripts and all kinds of shenanigans that will hinder your work

(4) Done…
in 1 day

I have read user.txt, now for root, I am logged in through ssh as user dj********, also logged from msfconsole, found some vulnerable services, tried to use exploits but no luck… Any hint would be appreciated!

This is my first linux box and I’m pretty badly stuck after getting an initial shell. Been reading about basics of privilege escalation in linux but haven’t find anything to grab on even though i’ve done amounts of enumeration. A little nudge would be appreciated.

I’m still in pass first pass, I can’t undestand.

Stuck on user and root. Just found user.txt. Do not know how to proceed. Please PM with any ideas or hints!

I killed the whole evening for the fact that I can’t get the privileges of the root, I found user.txt and b ******* p I don’t know where to go next, give a subskit in PM

Is it common for the exploit to periodically not work on this box? I got shell last night. Took a break from the box and came back and tried to get shell and the exploit didn’t work. Tried again a few hours later and it worked.

EDIT: It seems people are resetting the box which is causing the exploit not to work.

Ah yes, for initial foothold. You need to make sure your nmap scan is correct.

However now I have the shell, no idea where to go. I can see user.txt

Any tips on the next steps are greatly appreciated…

can we find the famous file for priv escalation with a one liner looking for setuid files or it’s only noticeable through enumerating scripts?

Is the root file called “root.txt” ? if not then can I get the name?

@masterrabbit said:
However now I have the shell, no idea where to go. I can see user.txt

Any tips on the next steps are greatly appreciated…

for user, in this post there are lot of hints, especially for the b***** file :wink:

Rooted. Well, It is good to solve some CTF challenges to enhance the out of box thinking. PM for help

Rooted and learned a lot! Googling basic linux enumeration tips helped much.