Irked

done!!! Excuse me, I did not have time to publish and a few days ago I managed to get root, who needs help PM

Finally rooted, one tip, there’s one file with same characteristics like file that should be used, I can tell that to me fake one looks even more suspicious than right one, lost ton of time there… PM me for help.

Just got my first root! Unreal feeling! Learned so much!

If someone could PM me, I’d appreciate it. Been working on initial foothold for over a day and I’m just out of ideas. Thanks.

@ch7 said:
hi , i got shell but i don’t’ know where is the ctf challenge to get user anyhint plz

PM me :slight_smile:

Could someone PM me on the root exploit? I feel like I have banged my head hard and ruined my keyboard on this.

@Draco123 said:

@nawespet said:
Thanks @BoxingOctopus found it, service keeps going down on this machine. Can anyone give a hint on what to do with .b***** file… I’ve researched what it is and I know what it is refering to but can’t seem to figure out how to get password from it…

Everything is in front of you. Just relate and combine. Any more than this will be a spoiler :smile:

I have combined the ■■■■ out of it but i still havent got the right one… And i have done a forensics challenge here that I assume is similar to this one. The “challenge” last part bothers me and does not make sense to me. Can someone PM me on that?

Finally rooted…Thank you every one…for the hints. Learnt a lot.

Just got the user , I like it.
First to use this skill.

Hey, i’m having difficulties finding a way to get root; can someone help me with a pm?
I’m searching (as suggested) for binary files but i can’t find nothing interesting…
…Sure for my low experience; also can you suggest me any web-pages/books about priv escal and local recon. to learn from?
Thank you

Finally rooted! thanks @Pal0f
I learned a lot

@marine said:
got root…pm for hints…

got that particular process with higher privileges, confused what to do with it

@Baikuya said:
Rooted this box. If anyone need a hint feel free to PM me :slight_smile:
need some hint about the very last step of priv esc, got that file, but dont know what to do with it

Lost on this one, read the nmap output, looking at RPC. Am I going around this the right way? Any help offered, I’d be grateful. Just need a steer to get inital foothold…

@masterrabbit said:
Lost on this one, read the nmap output, looking at RPC. Am I going around this the right way? Any help offered, I’d be grateful. Just need a steer to get inital foothold…

the text in the webpage shows you the hint to a port. you will find much more thing in that particular port.

@masterrabbit said:

Depending on the type of scan you ran you should find something Interesting about one of them

Just got root on box thanks to @Baikuya and @meuacan for the help

A warning to people having problems seems this box is getting hammered with resets and scripts and all kinds of shenanigans that will hinder your work

(4) Done…
in 1 day

I have read user.txt, now for root, I am logged in through ssh as user dj********, also logged from msfconsole, found some vulnerable services, tried to use exploits but no luck… Any hint would be appreciated!

This is my first linux box and I’m pretty badly stuck after getting an initial shell. Been reading about basics of privilege escalation in linux but haven’t find anything to grab on even though i’ve done amounts of enumeration. A little nudge would be appreciated.