Irked

@OldManWinter I guess we should try harder. Same situation

ok, so far so good. Got a shell, found the b*** file. But I’m too dumb to figure out how to replace what with what. Any hints?

update: got root directly. I still have no idea how to solve the stego part…

it says stego, google stego!

Got root.txt
There is unintended way to get the both the flags I think. But anyway if anyone need hint PM me. Thanks for the hints in the thread.

Got root, don’t think I ever came across the b file everyone is talking about though.
Hint: The file I used is not nested 100 layers deep in some obscure subdirectory. Went back to my popular enum script results and it was in there, I simply missed it because it didn’t stand out to me. Googling the file path and name yielded 0 relevant results, thus missing from typical Linux boxes and an excellent candidate for a closer look based on hints earlier in this thread.

Be --one with the root. That’s all I’m going to say.

this is so strange…I used to connect to a service to upload ie script and now that service does not accept previous file type…Trying to access root but need that service…when I test it with a jpg it works fine but when I try to use another file type then it doesn’t accept it anymore…

Finally got root. For those who got the initial foothold / user i**d without using msf, it would be a great help for me to learn how you guys did it. :smiley:

can someone drop some hints in PM

Can someone PM hint for Root, really stuck, not sure what to look for

Hi, this is first of a kind box for me, can I get some help or hints like on how to get forward. Have been stuck in the scanning part where I found what ports it have but cant get forward.

I’m a beginner at this and the main page hints at there being an I** service. It doesn’t show up with nmap and I’m unable to connect to it. I just want to confirm that this isn’t the way I’m supposed to get in right?

@bootsie123 said:
I’m a beginner at this and the main page hints at there being an I** service. It doesn’t show up with nmap and I’m unable to connect to it. I just want to confirm that this isn’t the way I’m supposed to get in right?

You can chat with this VM :wink:

Ah, thanks. I’m going to assume I’m connecting to it wrong then.

This one was fun, not terribly difficult.

@zatoichi187 said:

Could I get some help getting off the ground? I looked into r** and I** and didn’t find anything helpful. Now I’m just kinda stuck.

@bootsie123 said:

@zatoichi187 said:

Could I get some help getting off the ground? I looked into r** and I** and didn’t find anything helpful. Now I’m just kinda stuck.

Have you gotten onto the server somehow yet? That’s step one :).

Finally got root! First one and now let’s go for other HTB machines :slight_smile:
Learnt a lot. The hint is the same as the other, enum, enum, enum, something seems legit, but is it?

Got a low priv shell, but cant seem to find a way to get a normal user :(. And now I for some reason cannot go into any folder…

@zatoichi187 said:

@bootsie123 said:

@zatoichi187 said:

Have you gotten onto the server somehow yet? That’s step one :).

Not yet :wink: I’m trying though. That’s always the hardest step for me. Once I get somewhere I pretty much understand what else I have to do. It’s just getting there that’s the most difficult part.