Mirai - Almost there

Wondering if anyone can help me with the final portion of this. I have everything, I found what I need to find. But the file size is 0… am I looking in the right place?

read it

Hard to say much at this step without spoiling, but if it’s 0 that doesn’t sound right :stuck_out_tongue:

@peek said:
read it

That is the goal lol. But if it is 0 bytes. How can I read it?

Noticed that too…but people are owning it somehow so something is there

@Tarrell13 said:

Yeah I just wanted to ensure this wasn’t a bug

@day1player said:

@Tarrell13 said:

Yeah I just wanted to ensure this wasn’t a bug

I really do wonder if it could be. Maybe some people can see it but some can’t. Not too sure though. I just tried everything and nothing seems to change the size lol. I even tried pasting the ■■■■ Md5sum of the file thinking that was it.

@Tarrell13 said:
I really do wonder if it could be. Maybe some people c…

I’ll PM you if I figure it out

Ok just to close this thread out this is not a bug… just remember everything on linux is a file

I was struggling at this exact point yesterday. It’s a little out of the box thinking, but if you think about it logically you’ll get it. The last message you found is a clue if you spend some time to think about the process of what he did to the file :slight_smile:

Hey, thanks andrewh! Your hint regarding “what could have been done to the file” totally helped me get it. I was all over the place (never attempted something like this before) so I needed some guidance to force my thought in the right direction, haha. That was fun; I learned a lot in the process.

Haha you’re welcome, I was going off down all sorts of forensic investigation CSI attempts :slight_smile: but then I got a similar hint. Awesome work mate well done for getting there in the end.

Wow that took a long time and honestly I’m not exactly sure why that worked haha. Can anyone PM me and explain what the output means line by line?

what you mean with “little out of the box thinking”? :frowning: i continue to not understand…