Jeeves root.txt

are you saying that root.txt is NOT in the Desktop of Administrator. The rules say that is where it is supposed to be.

But it’s not showing up there on Jeeves, that’s what he’s saying.

I am still stuck trying to get rights to see the directory/priv esc. I got shell, i got meterpreter, I cracked a file and tried all of those passwords. II am not sure if these are rabbit holes or part of the solution.

I think they are part of the rabbit hole, but cannot find the right entry.

Its right there on Admin Desktop :wink:

What possible use could we have from the file we cracked? (SPOILER)

I’ve tried thoses passwords everywhere without success.

Nvm got it

Thank you, @blobbo. Finally got what I was after. Very cool what the creator did with the thing. I had no idea that was possible on Windows.

@blobbo said: Research possible ways to hide files on a windows box.

The rules stand with this machine, I wasn’t thinking outside the box… so to speak!

@modevius said:
are you saying that root.txt is NOT in the Desktop of Administrator. The rules say that is where it is supposed to be.

You have everything you need @modevius

@modevius said:
I am still stuck trying to get rights to see the directory/priv esc. I got shell, i got meterpreter, I cracked a file and tried all of those passwords. II am not sure if these are rabbit holes or part of the solution.

one hint from me … research more about methods of hiding files … attrib is the wrong way … this cost me much time

alamot kind of a hint :wink:

Spoiler Removed - Arrexel

I’m also having the same problem as above. Can’t figure out what to do with the information I’ve gotten in the file.

give a further read through the forum, theres more than one jeeves thread and the answer to this question is there

ok ok - been at it for a while now - been down a heap of rabbit holes - leant heaps - way too much about somethings - but i guess that is part of the fun…but…cant get priv on jeeves - i think i have everything i need - got reverse shell, meterpreter, tried all the exploits but no love to priv esc 8-(…got user.txt, found the uncrackable file - but cracked it - which was great fun !!! - found the contents and from the thread it says it obvious what to do when you look at the content - one will stand out ? i have tried all the psexec pth etc etc - just cant see how to use the contents to priv esc - i know there are a few more hurdles once i get admin to find root.txt so can someone PM me so i can move to the next challenge and learn like we all want to do ? i am sure it is something that i am obvious ? @hackthebox6969

useful script: GitHub - byt3bl33d3r/pth-toolkit: Modified version of the passing-the-hash tool collection made to work straight out of the box

For learning: http://www.harmj0y.net/blog/penetesting/pass-the-hash-is-dead-long-live-pass-the-hash/

re-check your steps…or perhaps check your assumptions.

@ Saoirse - your a champion - thanks helps - got the final flag…this was a great challenge and worth the time for those still pulling your hair out…learnt heaps…everything is in the forum - in riddles and you need to read things several times but worth it…i need to get the Aussies up in the country ratings… so now onto root Bashed

Could I pm someone, got shell, meter, file… need a nodge at crackin’ the file… thanks

@obwanken00by said:
Could I pm someone, got shell, meter, file… need a nodge at crackin’ the file… thanks

Whaa all fine:
Session…: hashcat
Status…: Cracked

Jee would still need a slight poke on this, got everything, figured out the needed info from the loot, confirmed it works but can’t find a proper way of using it… thanks for any PM…