Bashed

Here’s the deal, when you can point out exactly what exactly the process of understating your LinEnum.sh scripts or bat scripts mean, then you haven’t earned the right to admonish people, they’re, I’am, just trying to learn, this is unhealthy, that’s not natural the way you people have been taught, it’s unacceptable , albeit from the OSCP it’s oddly acceptable, doesn’t make it alright, I quit…

@Saoirse said:
Here’s the deal, when you can point out exactly what exactly the process of understating your LinEnum.sh scripts or bat scripts mean, then you haven’t earned the right to admonish people, they’re, I’am, just trying to learn, this is unhealthy, that’s not natural the way you people have been taught, it’s unacceptable , albeit from the OSCP it’s oddly acceptable, doesn’t make it alright, I quit…

dont worry

I have to be blind, coz i only see a few things, try some others, but anyhow stuck XD

Any hints on how to privesc this box?

I have the best one: Enum and try harder.

So that was it, just a pair of bigger glasses to get root

@Saoirse said:
It’s like watching an AngryJoeShow video review :smiley:

I’d love to have access to a sub-forum for each box, password protected by the root flag, then we could discuss why certain things wouldn’t work that under different circumstances would of, it’s just a thought…

This is an awesome idea!! Would love to see it implemented if possible!!

Surprised at how long it took to get root; mainly due to poor attention to detail.

That said, it was not as straight forward as the ratings would suggest. Expect a number of distinct actions and pay close attention to the details of important files/directories.

Enjoy!

i am using the basic priv esc cheat sheet from got milk. I still cant see the way to move from www-data to priv user. please any suggestion other than try harder will help! I have been enumerating for days and i just cat see the way.

There is a way of reading the file you need… without being root

There’s probably a better way though… really you should become root

It’s been 2 days and still no luck with priv esc.
Someone please drop a little hint besides enumeration

Ok i see the scripts directory. Have used the linenum.sh script. I have tried /bin/sh -i | nc x.x.x.x wich failed.dont seem to be a way to get python to spawn a shell. cant change /etc/profile as i am not root. Can u give a next hint to get out of jailed shell?

pm Me

ls “minus” l “slash” …enough said

Enough !
I’m leaving this box.

Finally I’m very close to getting root !
I just wanted to ask how did you guys execute the file before getting root cause i’m getting a permission denied message

@lordsoahc said:
i am using the basic priv esc cheat sheet from got milk. I still cant see the way to move from www-data to priv user. please any suggestion other than try harder will help! I have been enumerating for days and i just cat see the way.

Stuck in the same position.Tried “python” too. no clue how to proceed

I just got the flag for root, and this box drove me crazy!

Guys, i’m very noob to hacking and even more in web hack, if someone could give me some tips I will appreciate XD.
I already enumerate de directories, didn’t find nothing interesting
I try some way to put a php on site to create my way in bit nothing works.
the only php on site have nothing inside and I couldn’t exploit it

Could you guys help me?