Irked

Can’t see the process for getting in anymore? Does anyone have an idea what you can do about that?
Thanks

Nice box. Finding the priv escalation caused me some pain as I overlooked the file several times. Enumeration of the binaries carefully and slowly, knowing why one runs as a higher user, regardless of who runs it, is the key.

Again, there are plenty of good hints in this thread to gain user/root. If you still can’t exploit the box, try harder!

@Baikuya said:
The box is unstable as ■■■■. My shell is dying like every 2 minutes

@sesha569 said:
got the shell. Any hint for user/root? Thanks.

Hi,dude please help me to how to get shell please dude ,please dude…

Please some body help me I am Noob please friends help me to give any hint

@MrAgent said:
Again, there are plenty of good hints in this thread to gain user/root. If you still can’t exploit the box, try harder!

I don’t think that’s the problem tho because I know exactly how to get a shell & the method I used did work multiple times. But when I scan, the u********* process is not there…

please any body help to give hint about irked in private message

If someone needs help on the Box feel free to PM me

@Saranraja said:
please any body help to give hint about irked in private message

Every hint you need is in this thread - you dont need any other help

Simply enumerate, check each port then search for an exploit

Ah, what a nice little box to get back into it after a short break.

If anyone has any issues feel free to PM me.

Did way too much overthinking on this - Thank this thread for leading me to look at the basics.

Looking for the basics but no luck so far…trying harder

Nice box - getting user was annoying - i prefer technical CTF, not steg stuff or such.

Root took me like 2 minutes - just do really really basic enumeration and check the output of unusual stuff.

Rooted the machine. Initial nmaps did not work for me so I had to reset the box before i got the information needed for initial foothold.

Pm me if you need advice.

I need help with privesc I found a pass but I do not know where I can use it and try the most common, I feel that something is happening to me

Anyone know a good alternative for linenum that will work on this box? linenum brings out too much, so the actual solution is buried pretty deep

Trying to exploit using msf, any clue what the LPORT should be?

@ALIENM0NK said:

The (L)port doesn’t really matter, metasploit uses 4444 by default. The RHOST and RPORT is something different in this case (especially RPORT)

@xdaem00n said:

@ALIENM0NK said:

The (L)port doesn’t really matter, metasploit uses 4444 by default. The RHOST and RPORT is something different in this case (especially RPORT)

I have it set, I am not using the default port I changed it, I am using Kali on VM can that be the issue?