Irked

Usered & Rooted. Thanks for the pointers in this thread, folks. Happy to provide small tips to others via PM.

PM me > @vitorfhc said:

Can I have a hint on root? I am pretty new to this. Also I don’t want spoilers, just hints, I tried a lot of priv esc techniques from Basic Linux Privilege Escalation - g0tmi1k but maybe I let something pass…

PM me if you are stuck on root, maybe i can help…

@valentinelocke said:
I took a few months off from HTB, and either I got really rusty, or I’m missing something obvious. I have the initial shell, and I can see user.txt, but can’t read it… whatever I’m missing has to be painfully obvious but I have spent about 2 hours and can’t seem to figure it out.

Try go back to basics. Think to yourself, what can the string inside this ‘pass.txt’ file do? Can it be used to do something that may lead you to reading or accessing user.txt?

Goodluck.

I have low access shell, but I can’t move forward. I found user.txt and .b**** files, but I can’t use it properly. Please hint me, those files is necessary to go forward?

@hray said:

@valentinelocke said:
I took a few months off from HTB, and either I got really rusty, or I’m missing something obvious. I have the initial shell, and I can see user.txt, but can’t read it… whatever I’m missing has to be painfully obvious but I have spent about 2 hours and can’t seem to figure it out.

Perhaps the size of the text file and the size of that directory aren’t the same? :wink:

Guys… that is almost a spoiler :+1: :smiley:

Seems to me like something changed since yesterday. Port enumeration gives me completely different results…

EDIT: someone just messed with the services, nvm

Well that was fun lmfaooo

Howdy Folks! This is my first attempted box. I got my low priv shell and would appreciate a hint or two for root and user if anyone is feeling generous!

Thanks!

some hint to steg part ? i cant find the file ,send me a pm plz

can anyone help me with this machine please PM me

@jotaah123 said:
some hint to steg part ? i cant find the file ,send me a pm plz

get back to where you started, and think about what steg is then combine these information

@FNGCrysis said:
Well that was fun lmfaooo

xD

Guys what about privilege escalation? I’m almost there, i’m “inside” but i’ve never done priv.escal. , could anyone help me in PM?
Thanks <3

Can’t see the process for getting in anymore? Does anyone have an idea what you can do about that?
Thanks

Nice box. Finding the priv escalation caused me some pain as I overlooked the file several times. Enumeration of the binaries carefully and slowly, knowing why one runs as a higher user, regardless of who runs it, is the key.

Again, there are plenty of good hints in this thread to gain user/root. If you still can’t exploit the box, try harder!

@Baikuya said:
The box is unstable as ■■■■. My shell is dying like every 2 minutes

@sesha569 said:
got the shell. Any hint for user/root? Thanks.

Hi,dude please help me to how to get shell please dude ,please dude…

Please some body help me I am Noob please friends help me to give any hint

@MrAgent said:
Again, there are plenty of good hints in this thread to gain user/root. If you still can’t exploit the box, try harder!

I don’t think that’s the problem tho because I know exactly how to get a shell & the method I used did work multiple times. But when I scan, the u********* process is not there…

please any body help to give hint about irked in private message