SecNotes

Can anyone point me in the right direction?i am getting my reverse connection died every now and then?what am i doing wrong???
Edit:got it.now onto priv esc

can someone pm me hint on initial shell. got the creds. see where i could in theory upload a shell, but not sure where that is executed from. drib with custom wordlist didnt help. only seeing 2 services running on this box. just ran a -T5 nmap scan, but still only seeing 2 services. are there more?

@SW4gb3JkZXIgdG said:
can someone pm me hint on initial shell. got the creds. see where i could in theory upload a shell, but not sure where that is executed from. drib with custom wordlist didnt help. only seeing 2 services running on this box. just ran a -T5 nmap scan, but still only seeing 2 services. are there more?

Do a better nmap search and maybe something will come out…

I receive an error message when I start W**.***
“mesg: ttyname failed: Inappropriate ioctl for device” Can someone send me a PM? Then I can give more details.

@marvin7408 said:
I receive an error message when I start W**.***
“mesg: ttyname failed: Inappropriate ioctl for device” Can someone send me a PM? Then I can give more details.

I solved the problem. I can’t give any details because of spoiler. Thx.

Rooted !!! Nice box, PM if you need a nudge

Hi,

I am stuck at privesc. Got second shell with full priv on sub. But don’t know how to go further since it’s mapped as a windows specific filesystem (can’t change privs of main drive).

Thank you in advance,
mrothenbuecher

Got root. Frustrating part was that the special feature for privesc was not working properly until I reset the box.

It’s been said before, but once you activate the special feature, make sure you fully explore what you just got access to. It’s really basic enumeration.

Don’t forget who you are and where you come from.
– F. Scott Fitzgerald

PM me if you need help.

Need help in priv esc part.
I was trying for two days. :slight_smile: I will inbox whatever I did yet

Feel free to PM me if you are running into issues.

I got some cred with s**i on the web app but don’t know what I can do with it apart from uploading files with s**c***** . Can somebody let me know if I am on the right direction?

Thank you.

Could use a nudge here… I can upload files but can’t execute them… :frowning:

Edit: managed that… still stuck on Privesc. :smiley:

Edit2: finally root…

was pain and also fun… nice box after all.

@kwong240 said:
I got some cred with s**i on the web app but don’t know what I can do with it apart from uploading files with s**c***** . Can somebody let me know if I am on the right direction?

Thank you.

If you find only two ports, nmap again!!

@r00tk1d nmap for you too!! :slight_smile:

@mrothenbuecher said:
Hi,

I am stuck at privesc. Got second shell with full priv on sub. But don’t know how to go further since it’s mapped as a windows specific filesystem (can’t change privs of main drive).

Thank you in advance,
mrothenbuecher

I’m at the same point… Have you managed it ?

Yes managed I have… :slight_smile:

Keep it simple and try the basics…

@r00tk1d said:
Yes managed I have… :slight_smile:

Keep it simple and try the basics…

Yeap!!!
Finally done it!
In the final step you should do the basic enumeration for that OS…

Tks

Owned.
Thanks to everybody that helps me, specially for @skiamakhe

You guys that are in trouble with Priv Esc on this machine I suggest you believe that the shell U find is working and type commands on it (because it really is!!) XDDDD

Rooted. hints are already in the desktop. what you need after that is basic enumeration in the new shell. Don’t overthink!

Cheers~

I don’t know if i got the correct hash from the S**i … i got a blowfish hash, which i don’t know how to use for login… :confused:

**Nevermind… I queried the wrong table… maybe got an unintended hash hehe