Irked

the root is pretty easy. But how did you guys decode the user file? Can somebody PM me. Thanks

@Sogeking said:
the root is pretty easy. But how did you guys decode the user file? Can somebody PM me. Thanks

pm me!

can someone help me out with the beggining foothold? i think im looking at the right thing but im not sure

Like so many hints in this section…the way to find root is by looking for a file that’s normally not there. Think about what kind of file has the power (permission) to alter things that normally are restricted/protected? For the people who didn’t find it in the enumeration scripts…look closer.

Also for the ones that are asking help with “I found file x******z and don’t know what to do with it”…it’s a dead give-away. With the right find command you still give the answer, which can count as a spoiler.

I’m still on limited user.
Wtf! is this a SNES International Super Start Soccer cheat! ■■■! I love this game hahaha

Rooted. Pm me if you’re stuck, but really all the hints are in this thread.

rooted. looks very simple when you do it! Thank you @mrcopy and others for help!

Been looking at this for a while now. I’ve found an interesting file that requires a closer look, which contains a common little code as well as what I assume is a hint. Only issue is I can’t find anything where that code is relevant!

I took a few months off from HTB, and either I got really rusty, or I’m missing something obvious. I have the initial shell, and I can see user.txt, but can’t read it… whatever I’m missing has to be painfully obvious but I have spent about 2 hours and can’t seem to figure it out.

@valentinelocke said:
I took a few months off from HTB, and either I got really rusty, or I’m missing something obvious. I have the initial shell, and I can see user.txt, but can’t read it… whatever I’m missing has to be painfully obvious but I have spent about 2 hours and can’t seem to figure it out.

Perhaps the size of the text file and the size of that directory aren’t the same? :wink:

finally got the root flag.
IDK if I did the right way. Can someone explain me in the pm?

Usered & Rooted. Thanks for the pointers in this thread, folks. Happy to provide small tips to others via PM.

PM me > @vitorfhc said:

Can I have a hint on root? I am pretty new to this. Also I don’t want spoilers, just hints, I tried a lot of priv esc techniques from Basic Linux Privilege Escalation - g0tmi1k but maybe I let something pass…

PM me if you are stuck on root, maybe i can help…

@valentinelocke said:

Try go back to basics. Think to yourself, what can the string inside this ‘pass.txt’ file do? Can it be used to do something that may lead you to reading or accessing user.txt?

Goodluck.

I have low access shell, but I can’t move forward. I found user.txt and .b**** files, but I can’t use it properly. Please hint me, those files is necessary to go forward?

@hray said:

@valentinelocke said:

Perhaps the size of the text file and the size of that directory aren’t the same? :wink:

Guys… that is almost a spoiler :+1: :smiley:

Seems to me like something changed since yesterday. Port enumeration gives me completely different results…

EDIT: someone just messed with the services, nvm

Well that was fun lmfaooo

Howdy Folks! This is my first attempted box. I got my low priv shell and would appreciate a hint or two for root and user if anyone is feeling generous!

Thanks!

some hint to steg part ? i cant find the file ,send me a pm plz