Curling

@rbit said:
Got user, but stuck on getting root. I read most tips but I’ve got no clue what to do atm. I assume I have to use the files inside the a*a folder, but can’t figure out what they’re for…

If anyone could pm me some hints, would be appreciated!

Try and figure out whats happening inside that directory. Once you have that. You’ll know what to do. Why are there files and what are they doing

Finally managed to get root flag. My method is nasty. Anyone who also got root flag, can you PM me the way you did it.

@dev696 said:
so what else i can do with this machine any hint will be helpful??

Tell us what you did except brute forcing and we are gonna tell you…or you know, you can read the previous pages.

Anyone having trouble figuring out what is going on for priv esc, try and figure out what process might be running. A great tool for that is GitHub - DominicBreuker/pspy: Monitor linux processes without root permissions
which was written by a great member of the htb community.

This box wasn’t hard and there are a few ways of getting a shell.
The finally manuever to obtain root.txt can definitely be overthought. At least, that’s what I initially did. I’m willing to help if someone is stuck. Just tell me what you’ve tried on your own first.

May i take help? I already find the user. But cant take access.

Root shell. Boom!

I am stuck on priv esc. I can see what commands are running behind constantly but i dont know what to do with them and i cant edit them either(or maybe i i can i don’t know). Any help would be appreciated

*Root Dance! PM me if you need help

Did someone can PM me, need help for the root

i dont get it… i’ve found the s****** on the mainpage but i dont get the username

I got root, but I am not really happy about the way I did it, could someone PM me

Hey folks, I have been trying from hours to get root :/. Played a lot with files but still don’t know what to do. Can anyone pm me the clue regarding root?

can someone help me? im noob. thanks

can someone pm me for how to crack pa*ord_bkup file

guys ! may i take hint for root? i got user.txt but cant handle root.

Got root.txt, but I have no idea on privesc. Any help appreciated

Finally got the root.txt, but I think I did it the hardest way possible using the “w*tch” cmd, I’m a little embarrassed I still cant get the underlying command to output to where I want it to . I know 100% it’s syntactical but wouldn’t mind a little nudge on how to fully hijack this functionaly.

I wrapped the whole string, parts of the string with different quotes …used the bash operator, built in operator, piped input …put it before and after the target… just couldn’t get it to work. it kept breaking the actual function or disregarding my commands

I had no difficulty with user.txt, I got root.txt, no privesc, but concept was difficult for me as a beginner. Thank You @L4mpje