Curling

Great box. Seemed to be simple but turned out to be a little bit tough, at least for me.
Don’t over think it, I know it sounds meaningless but I’m serious. If you’re trying to log in to the blog, just look for the user name, it’s in front of your eyes. Hint: People usually introduce themselves at the first time and tell their name and such. Same thing here. Just look through the posts of the blog.
Root is pretty simple, just look for the time of the files and see if something’s strange. Try to figure out what command it uses then and read about the parameters it uses.
I would love someone to PM me with a hint with getting a root SHELL.

Hello, I have come to ask you for help if you can help me, I have used several scans in joomla but I have not met some php object injection but I have not been able to exploit it, if someone can give me a tool light or just the name of the vunerability can have because I’m already a long time in this challenge thank you can send by PM, God bless everyone.

Decent box. Solutions seemed a bit contrived. The principles behind them are solid, though. I had fun.

PM me if you need help.

Would very much appreciate any hints towards getting the root flag! I have foudn the files of interest and know the command i need to use, and have scoured the man page, and i think i know which option to use for it. but not getting anywhere. anyone able to PM me some pointers I would be very grateful :slight_smile:

Love the box. for a newbe its was fun and opened my eyes on new things. Getting in was peace of cake same goes for owning the user. after hours of struggling with trying to get root, I managed to get root.txt.

I’m still wondering how to get root as shell. I would appreciate if someone would PM me.

Can someone help me with getting root.txt? I already have user but I can’t figure out the next step. I see the files I need to do something with and know I need to use c**l but I’m not sure how.

I keep getting permission denied when trying to open the p*******_b***** file. Am I missing something? Still the www-data user. I can see prefix indicating the right tool but can’t get it to work

Edit: NVM lol

@zealovault said:
Can someone help me with getting root.txt? I already have user but I can’t figure out the next step. I see the files I need to do something with and know I need to use c**l but I’m not sure how.

Maybe try to see what the files are doing/using? That might lead to what you need to do/use.

Can I PM someone for a nudge on root?

Edit: Got root

Got the root flag, but not a root shell. Does anyone know if the intended way was root shell, or just to grab root.txt?

Can someone DM a hint for root.txt? I can see the processes being used to edit the two files in the a****-a*** and i’ve looked through the man files for c**l but I haven’t found anything useful

Edit: Just got it thanks to @3therk1ll and @Liz4rd !

@VincentZ174 said:
Can someone DM a hint for root.txt? I can see the processes being used to edit the two files in the a****-a*** and i’ve looked through the man files for c**l but I haven’t found anything useful

PM’d you dude

Got root. Willing to help others. Just pm me.

i tried brute forcing the website
please let me know if am on the write path

@dev696 said:

Bruteforcing is good solution only in rare cases and you should use it as last thing when everything other failed.

so what else i can do with this machine any hint will be helpful??

@dev696 said:

You are not. There is no need to use bruteforce.
The username and password are available in the website front end.

Hint, may the source be with you

To be honest, I didn’t really enjoy this machine. It’s pretty much just searching for the right place and then a very simple action is enough to get the flag. Each of the steps is genuinely ONLY about knowing WHERE to look / make an edit.

It is a good lesson in enum tho…

@rbit said:
Got user, but stuck on getting root. I read most tips but I’ve got no clue what to do atm. I assume I have to use the files inside the a*a folder, but can’t figure out what they’re for…

If anyone could pm me some hints, would be appreciated!

Try and figure out whats happening inside that directory. Once you have that. You’ll know what to do. Why are there files and what are they doing

Finally managed to get root flag. My method is nasty. Anyone who also got root flag, can you PM me the way you did it.