Inception

You can ping me up on Slack. Same username :slight_smile:

@PrJ7g1d said:
The root.txt file does look weird. Been staring at it for three days. Not sure where to go with it from that point. If anyone has an advice, I’d love to hear it.

Found the next step a few minutes after I posted that. Got root!

I am also having a really hard time getting an initial shell. I have found the thing to get things from the box. I have also seen that certain ports open up when you do something special.

I have not managed to find any creds thus far. Can someone give me a push in the right direction please?

@Deadstopp said:
I am also having a really hard time getting an initial shell. I have found the thing to get things from the box. I have also seen that certain ports open up when you do something special.

I have not managed to find any creds thus far. Can someone give me a push in the right direction please?

focus on ports you found, maybe no creds are needed…

Hi all,

I am already root but really stuck on the root.txt thing…any hint really appreciated.

Thank you!

I can read files, but they are not full after decoded ??? Please give somebody little hint with my issue… Maybe I use wrong wrapper… But files after decoding is not full… Where is my mistake ???

@DarkNode said:
I can read files, but they are not full after decoded ??? Please give somebody little hint with my issue… Maybe I use wrong wrapper… But files after decoding is not full… Where is my mistake ???
Oh… Sorry) I solve my problem)

after getting root on target am in … target machine now with less privileges … found vuln but not getting anyways to have flag ???

Hello

can anybody give some info for backdooring via squid proxy?

@PrJ7g1d said:
The root.txt file does look weird. Been staring at it for three days. Not sure where to go with it from that point. If anyone has an advice, I’d love to hear it.

anyone can tell about next step? i’m stuck with it

@xabaras said:

@Amonsec said:
I can execute code but I have trouble to gain a remote shell. I already tried different languages but they all seems to don’t be able to connect my IP.

I can read files…but cannot execute commad… have you any hints?

So do I. Did you solve the way to execute it???

@n1b1ru said:

@xabaras said:

@Amonsec said:
I can execute code but I have trouble to gain a remote shell. I already tried different languages but they all seems to don’t be able to connect my IP.

Same here, got lfi, and some creds, but can’t get code execution or figure out what’s next :confused:

Can anybody hint about root flag ??? I think need to find to an other machine… Am I on right way ???

@puerkito66 said:

@n1b1ru said:

@xabaras said:

@Amonsec said:

Same here, got lfi, and some creds, but can’t get code execution or figure out what’s next :confused:

Enumerate configs

@r2d2 said:

@puerkito66 said:

@n1b1ru said:

@xabaras said:

@Amonsec said:

Enumerate configs

Well, I got a directory, asks me for creds, put the creds and throws me an 403 error D:
Is this the correct way or i missed something?

@puerkito66 you are on the right track. You are just the missing the correct way to access the service running on this directory

@zelsonm1 said:
@puerkito66 you are on the right track. You are just the missing the correct way to access the service running on this directory

Also tried over the proxy, but same happended, i think is not the intended way, or maybe i’m doing it wrong :confused:

Done)

@n1b1ru said:

@xabaras said:

@Amonsec said:

nope, but I moved on a different box/challenge :slight_smile:

Hi guys,

I’ve been stuck with the root flag for days. I have tried several things in different “places” without luck. Could someone help me?