Curling

Hello profs, I need some hint to get root.txt without getting root shell. I know whats going on and which process are wirting input and report. But I can’t figure out how to use this commands to get root.txt as user f…s. Any help via PM is welcome. Thanks in advance.

Hi! Stuck right before root. Same problem as @Schnuffi. I know what to do, but I don’t know how. I just read c*rl manual, and didn’t find any clues. Google didn’t help me at all.
Any PM with help is welcome, hint, maybe an article, or link about this case.

anyone can give a heads up regarding root? i think i maybe know what’s going on but could use some advice

Thanks to @L4mpje for stating something I easily discarded. Hint: You CAN edit some files, it’s just a matter of how. I got root flag without privesc. Now, trying to do privesc, for the heck of it :wink:

New here on HTB; thought I’d try an easy box; user was doable but root access is hard - for me. Appreciate any hints on how to continue via DM. Tx.

It’s a bit annoying that I have to say this but, just because I posted in this forum that I got root doesn’t mean I was opening myself to DMs for hints. Please, if someone doesn’t say “DM me for hints” do not spam that person for hints. I don’t come ot HTB forums very often, that’s why I didn’t offer hints for this box, so please, stop DM’ing me.

any help on root would be helpful, im not sure how i what to change the i**** file

Did something on this box change? I used a component on the website as my first entry point, stepped away for a bit, and came back and the component was no longer there. I even requested a reset on the box and it seemed to go down and back up, but the component is still not there. Anyone else know what I’m talking about?

@skiamakhe said:
Did something on this box change? I used a component on the website as my first entry point, stepped away for a bit, and came back and the component was no longer there. I even requested a reset on the box and it seemed to go down and back up, but the component is still not there. Anyone else know what I’m talking about?

Yeah same issue here. That functionality is just gone now lol.

I need a break anyway this p*******_****** file is driving me crazy

@r3dt0rnad0
Best I can tell, someone else had compromised the site and enabled this functionality for further compromise. I just got admin site login, so I’ll probably be doing the same here shortly. lol

User was pretty easy. DM if you need a hint. Working on root

@skiamakhe said:

I enabled that functionality for my turtle back, as are other users. There is another way in.

any hints for getting root?
please pm me if possible

Done.
Thanks for the hints about the “middle part”.
Feel free to send me a message, if you need a nudge.

I found a p******d_**p. I search on google and I find out that is a b2 file. I can’t give anymore detailes because I can give spoilers. Can some one send a PM to discuss it?

rooted, thanks @resiliencia90 for the help… if anyone want a hint just pm me

Hi Guys,I got the reverse shell but couldn’t spawn the shell.I need change to other user to read the user.txt

Any hint will be appreciate.

Thanks

@Tugzen said:
Hi Guys,I got the reverse shell but couldn’t spawn the shell.I need change to other user to read the user.txt

Thanks

Look at the p…_b… file

@KR4CK said:

@Tugzen said:

Thanks

Look at the p…_b… file

Yes there is something like a password inside it.But without spawn the shell,how I can use it?I can’t use su commands.(Is it possible that I am missing some very easy points,ı am such a newbie in this area)

Spoiler Removed - egre55