hint with the raining blood stegano challange

still unable to crack this one. tried all possible stegos. hex, spectro layer, image. what am i missing? :frowning:

@briyani said:
still unable to crack this one. tried all possible stegos. hex, spectro layer, image. what am i missing? :frowning:

Youā€™re overthinking.
If you solved other stego challenges, you can remember that applying a certain technique, you get trolled :v
Not in this challenge :B

So this one still has me stumped. I have tried all tricks already mentioned plus a couple of the tools to extract data but donā€™t have the encode password and canā€™t find it (the obvious ones I thought to try didnā€™t work either). Iā€™m still new to this world so I donā€™t get the reference to technique that gets you trolled?

Donā€™t feel bad, Iā€™m stumped on it too lol Tried everything youā€™ve tried it seems and am at the same spot. Can we get a nudge as to what this technique is?

The technique is really simple, everyone knows it (maybe!)

Clearly not everyone :frowning: Seriously a nudge or something would be awesome.

You probably tried it but overlooked the contents :smile: . The flag is not that obvious.

Perfect hint lol thank you!

Even I tried spectrogram , hex editor. No clues, any idea ? :confused:

Go back to basics. One of the first things you should try on a Stego challenge.

I should search the flag in slayer jpg or in raining mp3 ?

mp3

Me too, stuck on this challenge, any idea on what methods/procedures you used in order extract the hidden message inside audio files, I tried steghide, any tools you want to suggest, I need your help thank you.

this challenge is easier than you may think.
i was trying using audacity for 30-40 mins trying to learn how to use the tool, but it was not needed.
it is much simpler and easier

Iā€™m stuck as well, tried everything I could think of but nada

can you tell any possible tool name. please

Do what you generally do first with a file. Canā€™t say anything more without spoiling it.

@B0bB0b said:
I should search the flag in slayer jpg or in raining mp3 ?

good question ?? where should i focus ???

@briyani said:

spectro layer ? s-layer ?

I picked this challenge up today, you can do the whole thing with a binary that comes with most systems (that Iā€™m aware of) to get the first step in this challenge. Try searching for ā€œBasic UNIX file investigationā€ if youā€™re stuck.

Any online tool can help you finish the challenge from there once you find what you are looking for. As always feel free to PM for help.