Access

I’ve got user.txt, been working on root.txt for 3-4 days now. Have found runas and the parameter you need to bypass administrator password prompt, but I can’t seem to get it to echo out anything to either files or console.

I’ve tired to make the user a part of the admin group via some bat scripts, but have not gotten anything to work yet… Am really stuck could use some help, Please PM or Reply with anything you think might help me over this bump.

Thanks, Crysal

Hey, I’m a complete noob and this is my second machine ever. I did a n*** scan and found 3 ports open and don’t know what to do from there. hints PMed to me would be appreciated!

@EthanM03 said:
Hey, I’m a complete noob and this is my second machine ever. I did a n*** scan and found 3 ports open and don’t know what to do from there. hints PMed to me would be appreciated!

Try to connect to each of the ports you found. Some may need authentication, some might not.

If you can connect without authentication, have a look around and see what you find.

92.85% of “pentesting” is down to recon*. Find something, examine it, find something, examine it. If you do this well, getting in is easy.

(*) disclaimer - I am 100% not a pentester, I dont portray one in movies and I have (almost) no pentester certifications.

This one was fun. It was all about the proper syntax for me on root.

Rooted. If someone needs a hint PM me.

Currently working on root, I know which command and which thing to put after /s********d But not the syntax, if I could have a hint in my PMs it would be super appreciated

Rooted… but not the way I thought I would…

PM me if you’re stuck

I would love a hint for this.
Got user.
Struggling with root.

Tried the following:
R**a* /with some switches
Ps /with some switches

Tried to run CMD as an admin user using the above methods.
Attempted to change system variables…

I must be missing somthing…

rooted shell.
got root flag.

a lot of you guys are on the right track but pay attention to details! test on your machine!

PM me if you need help

@TazWake said:

@MotorBods1vYF1 said:
I can’t access the zip file because of unsupported compression…

It might worth looking into why you are getting this error message.

do i need to keep diggin through the table data for more logins?

Probably, but you might already have what you are looking for - you just need to use it in the right place.

Am I supposed to try and log in on the enumerated ports with the usernames and passwords found? I get nothing for a----,en------,and back-------- for tel— and f-- ports

@MotorBods1vYF1 said:

Am I supposed to try and log in on the enumerated ports with the usernames and passwords found? I get nothing for a----,en------,and back-------- for tel— and f-- ports

Yes, you need to use the credentials. Re-read the email. It tells you what account to use.

@TazWake said:

@MotorBods1vYF1 said:

Yes, you need to use the credentials. Re-read the email. It tells you what account to use.

Oh sweet its working now and got user flag. Thanks! So t----- is moving at a crawl and keeps failing on me. But, I did notice a .ps1 file that I had not seen before; guessing someone did something…should I consider that a hint?

Possibly but you really dont need powershell for this box. Read back through some of the previous messages for better clues.

Hey guys, just started the box a few minutes ago.
Scanned ports, and “loged on” the f-- one.
ls & dir aren’t recognized, fine.
But when I use LIST I get this error :
list
150 Opening ASCII mode data connection.
425 Cannot open data connection.

I hope there is no spoils, but I am really wondering if it is intended and if I need to check how I can fix this, or if there is a problem…

EDIT : Ok so I was using nc or tel*** to connect in f**, then I just installed and tried with another and it’s working … Sorry guys ! (if someone knows why it wasn’t working with these two can you PM me the reason :slight_smile: )

Rooted! Great box, and I learned a lot from this box! If anyone having difficulty on this box, feel free to PM me!

Thank you very much @egre55 for this awesome learning box!

@qdada said:
this box is exposing how much of a N00b i am. I can do things that normally a privileged account such as Administrator should do, including create new accounts, even add myself to Administrator group. But I am not able to understand why i cannot read the root.txt

Same boat !!!

Yo !! Finally I got root !!!
Thank you @TazWake :slight_smile:

got user already, but pretty stuck with root. i don’t actually know what to do with r****, since im pretty newbie with windows privesc… if someone could pm me i would be very thankful

Stop reseting the box every 10 minutes. There’s other people trying to work on it.

I Am Trying To Root it via “Runas” command

I learn full sysntex, But not success

Can anyone Help me for it