OSCP Complete - Report Submited

Congrats.
Any boxes on HTB and the PWK labs you recommend before taking the exam?

Nice !!! Congrats any advice for first time?

Biggest piece of advice, do all of the example labs in the manual. Also, find every imaginable list of commands for both Linux and Windows privilege escalation. Create your own list for each, with descriptions of “why” you are running that command and what can be gained from it. Privilege escalation is the biggest hurdle to tackle. Realize that the labs machines are all pretty easy. Each one introduces you to certain vulnerabilities and can usually be exploited easily. Stay away from the “Big Four” machines until you’re ready. They are sufferance, pain, ghost, and humble. They will test everything that you’ve learned till that point. They will also make you punch a hole in your wall if you’re not ready for them. Stay far away from Metasploit. Even after OSCP. It is a great tool for not learning ■■■■.

So far, from my limited experience here, I can say that the htb machines are similar to the “Big Four” OSCP lab machines in difficulty. But honestly, if you can conquer the machines here, the OSCP machines will be a cake walk.

Brush up on your python, JavaScript, and C skills. They will make your life easier in terms of automation, web hacking, and exploit modification.

And lastly, silence that voice in your head telling you to “skip it because it won’t work”. That person is an idiot and must be removed from your skull. This voice is the single reason why you will give up on a box. Most of the time, the answer is either right in your face or trivial to discover.

Nice man, congrats! I failed my first attempt a month ago and I only got windows machines which I suck at compared to linux

Thanks for the answer, man.
And congrats! :slight_smile:

@kanecain said:
So I got 4/5 machines on my 3rd exam attempt for 85 points. Now the waiting game for my report…

me too succeeded at 3rd attempt. 1st attempt 20 marks, 2nd attempt 55 marks and 3rd obtained 100 marks. try harder it is possible.

Congrats at all!

@kanecain said:
So far, from my limited experience here, I can say that the htb machines are similar to the “Big Four” OSCP lab machines in difficulty. But honestly, if you can conquer the machines here, the OSCP machines will be a cake walk.

Which HTB machines are similar to Big four in OSCP Lab? IN HTB also difficulty level varies. So just out of curious. Thanks.

@agnarus said:

@kanecain said:
So I got 4/5 machines on my 3rd exam attempt for 85 points. Now the waiting game for my report…

me too succeeded at 3rd attempt. 1st attempt 20 marks, 2nd attempt 55 marks and 3rd obtained 100 marks. try harder it is possible.

@agnarus nice… I wish I could land 100%… Any tips on how you did it?

@albertojoser said:
Congrats.
Any boxes on HTB and the PWK labs you recommend before taking the exam?

Lame Beep ■■■■■■■ Grandpa/Granny Mirai Solidstate Jeeves Bashed Nibbles Sense Valentine Chatterbox Popcorn Haircut Nineveh Shocker

Tally Bart (to get used to Windows environment)

@kanecain said:

Congratulation!! I also took the exam on the same date as you ,but i failed, this is my first attempt!! Its sad…

Congratulations! I second all your advice to other people who are headed into the OSCP.

Nice one Kanecain. Well done

Congratulations Kanecain. I failed my first attempt…I am still trying harder and wont give up. Well done and thanks for the tips

well done buddy !!!

Congrats on passing and having the perseverance to “try harder” - I got 55 on my first attempt - going to try again soon after another 60 days in the lab. I was able to pop most of the public network (i got pain and sufferance, didn’t get gh0st and humble) and though I unlocked Dev and IT, I never solved any boxes in there. I wonder how much of HTB is people training up for OSCP reattempts? lol

Congrats on passing! These are the boxes I would suggest you do for practice:
Joker (sudoedit and wildcards)
Jeeves (Pass the hash)
Waldo (Local file inclusion)
Poison (Tunneling via SSH)
Celestial (Crontab privesc)

For more info related to the exam… here’s my journey and tips I wish I knew: