Hawk

I think I’ve kind of done this box backwards, but at any rate, can someone tell me what the ■■■■ the secret to the p21 is? I just see messages with what appears to be nothing in it. But we all know this is not possible!

I’ve enumerated the ■■■■ out of the box and looked at some configs, browsed over the h20 port, got some ssh usernames, etc. I guess I wanna do the box right and get this enc file from FTP.

Edit: Learn a new FTP command everyday :slight_smile:

Thanks!

nvm

Got root.
People here are mentioning that they got access to d****l, which I never got, before getting root. I’d like to discuss about your approaches and methods! Feel free to PM and educate me :slight_smile:

Helloo, I’m stuck in the privesc I can’t find that file with the password of d*****, I’m looking where the cms store the conf settings, but I didn’t see anything, I thought that is .P** file but I’m not sure. Any hint of where should I search?, or any keyword to use grep.

@w0xter said:
Helloo, I’m stuck in the privesc I can’t find that file with the password of d*****, I’m looking where the cms store the conf settings, but I didn’t see anything, I thought that is .P** file but I’m not sure. Any hint of where should I search?, or any keyword to use grep.

Perhaps you are looking at the wrong settings. A Google search will tell you the exact location for the file you are seeking

@securityNinja said:

@w0xter said:

Perhaps you are looking at the wrong settings. A Google search will tell you the exact location for the file you are seeking

I’m looking inside v**/w**/h***/, is these dir wrong???

Got the file, but tried the contents in 3 ways found from scan and could not get in, hmm.

Can anyone PM me a hint - as far as I can tell I’ve decrypted the .enc file for a password but I have no clue what user / where I’m meant to actually use it…

I need help with privilege escalation could someone please guide me

I got root flag finally. I really enjoyed this box. Thanks @pat for hint :slight_smile:

Would anyone mind giving a nudge on where to find the pw for D*****. Got a reverse shell on the machine and ive looked through any file that i can come to think of.
Thanks

@stigxenon said:
Would anyone mind giving a nudge on where to find the pw for D*****. Got a reverse shell on the machine and ive looked through any file that i can come to think of.
Thanks

var/www/html/sites/default
Try hope yoy found

i got. root if u need help. pm me . but pls send your messages on main page.

Any hint for user? I already know FTP allows anon logins, but there are no files… only a folder “messages” with nothing inside of it.

@Ac1d0 said:
Any hint for user? I already know FTP allows anon logins, but there are no files… only a folder “messages” with nothing inside of it.

Check the folder again.

–NVM

Well, even If I enable the passive mode on my FTP I’m getting no file in the dir “messages”… IDK :expressionless:

@Ac1d0 said:
Well, even If I enable the passive mode on my FTP I’m getting no file in the dir “messages”… IDK :expressionless:

maybe the file is not directly visible?

@scp said:

@Balzabu said:

maybe the file is not directly visible?

That’s a nice hint, but I’m stuck the same… I also tried activating the “passive” mode but nothing to do :pensive:

Dont have any clue of what to do on hawk. Can anyone give me an initial foothold?

*logged to ftp as anonymous user
*ftp is empty
*site runs Drupal 7.58?
*found an drupal exploit, but must be authenticated