Vault

@0PT1MUS said:
I have not visited the forum here for a while now, and I don’t think I will again any time soon. It is rather disappointing to see how many spoilers there are on a box that is not even 48 hours past release yet. You guys are practically telling everyone how to do the whole box.

• end of rant / carry on…

I reconsidered, maybe you’re right, I forgot how new this machine is still. Removed my post. :slight_smile:

@0x29A said:
For example, if someone wasted six hours digging through an ISO, maybe they’ll think twice about doing that again next time they run across one and mark it low priority. Maybe they’ll take note about what the ISO contains (could be a hint) and just continue on. Maybe they’ll learn how to md5 or sha1 the ISO file and see if it’s a stock image. If it’s not, maybe they’ll learn how to diff the ISO file with a stock ISO so they aren’t forced to dig around the entire thing.

Similar lessons may be learned from just about any rabbit hole.

Look at IppSec’s videos and how quickly he dismisses most rabbit holes. You think he does that in practice? I do. How do you think he learned such intuition?

Yeah good point, I’m pretty I actually learned how to check the md5sum from a rabbit hole I was exploring haha. And IppSec actually goes down some rabbit holes just to show why they’re rabbit holes!