Ypuffy

Probably the best box I’ve completed so far, learning experience, real life scenario, overall a great experience. Props to the creator of this one!

Can anyone give me a hint (DM) on privesc? I’ve been playing with s**-****** and read the interesting article that someone pasted here the link but I am missing something.

@drUIdmoz said:
a very good read

Scalable and secure access with SSH - Engineering at Meta

Thanks, good article :slight_smile: Got root !

You are in room 4 of the cave, and have 2 arrows left.
whoosh (I feel a draft from some pits).
sniff (I can smell the evil Wumpus nearby!)
There are tunnels to rooms 1, 7, and 9.
Move or shoot? (m-s) s 9
thwock! groan crash

A horrible roar fills the cave, and you realize, with a smile, that you
have slain the evil Wumpus and won the game! You don’t want to tarry for
long, however, because not only is the Wumpus famous, but the stench of
dead Wumpus is also quite well known–a stench powerful enough to slay the
mightiest adventurer at a single whiff!!

found wump on the box: hoping @AuxSarge will give me the root flag for killing wumpus on his box, I’m so easly distracted yet so obsessively compulsive ( 40 mins of ols fashoind game play :slight_smile: )

Try Harder definitely applies here.
After some more exploration and paying more attention to detail I was able to obtain root.
Great box, learnt new things that’s for sure.
Thank you.

ok so user was easy and straightforward, if you know the correct syntax to use, but root was definitely hard for me as I didn’t know about ca authority, thanks to @ZaphodBB for spoonfeeding me the privesc, learned a lot great machine @AuxSarge . If you need any hints you can PM me.

Amazing experience with this machine, thanks @AuxSarge!

Can anyone give me a PM on getting the right pri***al.
thnx

Finally got root on Ypuffy! If someone already did Giddy and needs help with Ypuffy can PM me. I also need some hints for Giddy :slight_smile:

I found the username, hash and the share I want to login into but I’ve tried numerous tools to try to connect but I either get “Errno 111 Connection refused” or “NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE”.

@Vex20k said:
I found the username, hash and the share I want to login into but I’ve tried numerous tools to try to connect but I either get “Errno 111 Connection refused” or “NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE”.

Review your syntax. The tools are correct.

If I ssh’d to the second user, have I already made a misstep or am I on the right path?

WTF!!! Excelent box. I could learn a lot of things. Enumerate hard hard hard (in my case was hard hard hard ver hard).

I’ve signed something and tried to login but still receive a pub error. Done with all users on the system including all users as pr****pals, not sure what I’m doing wrong yet. I followed Scalable and secure access with SSH - Engineering at Meta to a tee like two people recommended, still haven’t quite figured it out yet. Any ideas? I’m almost 100% sure it’s some syntax issue at this point although each signing appears to be “successful”… thanks!

Edit: Got it, be aware of the keys you’re trying to sign.

@FNGCrysis said:
I’ve signed something and tried to login but still receive a pub error. Done with all users on the system including all users as pr****pals, not sure what I’m doing wrong yet. I followed Scalable and secure access with SSH - Engineering at Meta to a tee like two people recommended, still haven’t quite figured it out yet. Any ideas? I’m almost 100% sure it’s some syntax issue at this point although each signing appears to be “successful”… thanks!

It might be a case of thinking about what key you’ve signed.

Anyone willing to PM me for the privesc to root? I certain I am super close, but I’m not sure what to do with the information I have.

could someone help me with privesc? i have a feeling the s**-*****n thing is kind of a rabbit hole as i could not find a private component for the operation. i did find something else when going through some files though, i just can’t figure out where to put that to use. i hope it’s not a troll hehe.

nvm, i got it!

I need help for priv esc! Could anyone search for me please? Thank you

i got root. if u need help. pm me. pls use Login :: Hack The Box :: Penetration Testing Labs this message box for pm :slight_smile:

Got root. Thanks tons, @jkr
:smile: