Vault

We can discuss more privately if you’d like :wink:

Enumerated more and got a shell! Enum is always the solution…my bad xD

I enumerated as far as i think i can go, common.text isnt finding anything after /u****ds/. Im completly stumped from here though. I did some searching and found some documentation on optionsbleed but im not able to get anything to work.

@Opaque said:
I enumerated as far as i think i can go, common.text isnt finding anything after /u****ds/. Im completly stumped from here though. I did some searching and found some documentation on optionsbleed but im not able to get anything to work.

You might read back through previous posts on here. If you only look for directories you may not always find everything interesting.

Can anyone pm me pls for initial foothold? Enumerating for hours but not able to find anything.

Lol. Nevermind. Got 404 for over an hour using the correct folder. Now getting 403

@deviate said:

@Opaque said:

You might read back through previous posts on here. If you only look for directories you may not always find everything interesting.

i havent just been looking for directories. i have looked for php,txt,and html in all directories that i have gone through.

@Opaque said:

@deviate said:

@Opaque said:

i havent just been looking for directories. i have looked for php,txt,and html in all directories that i have gone through.

Gotta find the first directory first, or you’ll never find anything

@Skunkfoot said:

@Opaque said:

@deviate said:

@Opaque said:

i have found the first directory…and the second…and the third… but im not able to find anything in the /u****ds/ folder

@Opaque said:

@Skunkfoot said:

@Opaque said:

@deviate said:

@Opaque said:

i have found the first directory…and the second…and the third… but im not able to find anything in the /u****ds/ folder

Yeah. Basically if you just go back and do what you’re saying that you’ve already done, you’ll find what you’re looking for. :wink:

@Opaque said:

@Skunkfoot said:

@Opaque said:

@deviate said:

@Opaque said:

Except the folder you talked about, isn’t something else there ? Spoiler Removed - Arrexel

@DaChef said:

@Opaque said:

@Skunkfoot said:

@Opaque said:

@deviate said:

@Opaque said:

Except the folder you talked about, isn’t something else there ? Like a .html file ? :wink:

i finally found it… im an idiot lol

this box is killing me. i cant figure out how to get the payload converted. i have tried to just cat the payload files together, and also tried to use fakeimageexploiter…im completely taped on ideas.

Any help for tunneling? First tume i tried it worked just like in ippsec p****n video but now it isnt working the webpage just keeps loading forever

@Opaque said:
this box is killing me. i cant figure out how to get the payload converted. i have tried to just cat the payload files together, and also tried to use fakeimageexploiter…im completely taped on ideas.

Huh? Dude, you’re doing too much, do less. Make sure you’ve enumerated all possible file extensions. You shouldn’t need to convert anything or do anything with image files.

Rooted! Really awesome machine
and I don’t see any hints on the page for vault yet so here are few without spoiling it!!
For user find a place to upload something and then call it to get rev shell, check for listening ports and rest you are smart!
For root it’s very straightforward
Have a look at logs and you’ll find your way in!
Good luck!

@PsyXsouL I must be missing something obvious then cause I can’t figure out the root part. I’m so close haha

EDIT: Got it, many thanks to @fjv and @nol0gz

I know some people are frustrated, but honestly, this was a really fun machine. It was long and there were a lot of steps, but I learned something new at almost each one. Really cool design, thanks for creating that for us @nol0gz!

EDITED

Good luck, and enjoy the machine! When you run out of ideas, take a break, make a cup of tea or grab a beer or something, and come back with a fresh outlook on things.

very, very fun machine

I stuck on the shell, how to generate a black/whitelist? i tried different file extensions. but the only working ones are picture extensions. what i am missing?

@Sekisback said:
I stuck on the shell, how to generate a black/whitelist? i tried different file extensions. but the only working ones are picture extensions. what i am missing?

You don’t need to generate the lists, only have to figure out what extensions are allowed. Php has different extensions, you should look up File Upload Restrictions Bypass for PHP. I hope this is not a spoiler.