Curling

@sysDom said:
I’ve been trying to brute force a login, and hydra keeps erroring out, am I wasting my time?

Yup.

Edit: Got user. Thanks for help!

ok I was able to find /ts/b3/ but I don’t know how mange uploading anything, and this st.txt is really getting to me. If its not ment to be used to login then what is it supposed to be used for?

who says its no use ?

Im going to echo what someone else said - dont try harder, search harder.

read all the posts on the front page - if there is a name its not by coincidence

@Sekisback said:
after one day I passed the pa******_b***** this dirty little ■■■■■■■ now i got the user.txt
Thx to Rickter, ZaphodBB and hemlock for pushing in the right direction.

But for the root.txt i have no idea.

Enumerate the user folder.

Consider the name of the box.

Look at what options are available and how they relate to the information you can find.

Got reverse shell (still www-data…), found the p*******-b*****, but I don’t know his format… help pls

Managed to ssh as f*****, really struggling with where to head next. Could some one please PM me with a hint please?

any help with the code exec??

got to the privesc part , aa… with i and re** file… few hours into this.
don’t know what to do with them…
do I somehow modify it to get a reverse root shell? or can do without a shell?
pm please !!!

Don’t overthink it and stick to the basics such as looking at the process table (ps -ef).

Edit: it’s ok

Stuck at priv esc, I can see the files I have found the process writing to the file but dont know how to change/stop this. Please help with PM.

I’ve been looking at htop, watching for something obvious that would be calling on the i***t file but I have not seen anything.
Anyone with a nudge on where to look to see what process is using this file?

There are guys keep changing index with an upload form. Don’t know if it is a part of challenge or it is some kind of trying everything.

@dmknght said:
There are guys keep changing index with an upload form. Don’t know if it is a part of challenge or it is some kind of trying everything.

not part of the challenge they try something

Got root.txt Thanks for help!

I think “carrier” has broken my brain. I can see clearly whats going on in the process tree, can see the files and whats happening but cant see a correlation between the two

@Sekisback said:

@dmknght said:

I’ve noticed that it happens by now only. Before i went to this topic, there are 2 or 3 guys kept spamming reset button. Now there are guys keep canceling reset button because of this upload form.

Good box, interesting! Few hints from me:

1. For initial exploitation - enumerate articles/source of the page(s?)!
  2. For user - do some basic research of what kind of file is that in user directory, then use the linux command which should tell what kind of file is that or what it should be - all answers will be in output of that basic linux command.
  3. For root - don’t bother diving too deep. Everything is in front of you, just learn by what binary the config (!) file can be ran and you will get an answer.
    You may want to understand how all that is working - then write one-liner bash script to check difference of running processes from previously running processes every second. I used a diff command to compare two variables… You may need to run it for several minutes to get the more accurate answer :wink:
  4. For root shell - use what you learned for getting root.txt, read more files, modify (yeah you can not only read, but to write as well with that simple tool) one critical file and you will get your sweet root shell :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@dmknght said:

@Sekisback said:

@dmknght said:

I’ve noticed that it happens by now only. Before i went to this topic, there are 2 or 3 guys kept spamming reset button. Now there are guys keep canceling reset button because of this upload form.

there upload forms doesnt help u mutch. PM me if u need a hint