Bashed

I’m stuck in the privesc :confused:
Feel I’m missing something that is in front of me, or I’m overthinking with this machine. Any hint?

@puerkito66 said:
I’m stuck in the privesc :confused:
Feel I’m missing something that is in front of me, or I’m overthinking with this machine. Any hint?

I have the same feeling man

saaaaaaaaameee

That’s where I am stuck now as well. If I find anything out I will hint you.

Its a really easy box just requires basic enumeration
Hack The Box

Is really an easy machine? if that’s the case, i’m missing somenthin very very obvious :confused:

just to get it registered, someone wrote “resets, resets everywhere” inside root.txt today. LOL

user is easy, priv esc is not so easy

Anyone got any tips for the priv esc? As a side note I’m getting issues getting a fully interactive TTY on this box, this is the first one I’ve tried so far, using the stty echo -raw with no luck

I have full interactive reverse shell with TTY, wasn’t too hard (USE python) . Now to figure out the “easy”, “obvious” privesc to get root.

Can anybody hint with privesc???
I did many enum (LinEnum and so on…)
Please give little hint…

Same, could really use a fresh hint…

@Pomme said:

A “fresh” hint? Lol the box has been out for barely a week - and everything you need to solve it is in this thread… What more “hint” could you need?

There’s multiple ways to root this box. Personally, I would suggest avoiding the method that requires multiple resets and a lot of luck as you will get frustrated/annoy others working on the box and won’t learn anything of value.

Scripts like LinEnum are great, but it’s always worth poking around manually checking file/folder contents too.

@likwidsec said:

@Pomme said:

A “fresh” hint? Lol the box has been out for barely a week - and everything you need to solve it is in this thread… What more “hint” could you need?

I’ve never ever done any priv esc before, I’m very much a beginner at this, but hey, I hear you, I think I just gotta read more and more about priv esc

Will try again and again until I succeed :wink:

@BROX said:
There’s multiple ways to root this box. Personally, I would suggest avoiding the method that requires multiple resets and a lot of luck as you will get frustrated/annoy others working on the box and won’t learn anything of value.

Scripts like LinEnum are great, but it’s always worth poking around manually checking file/folder contents too.

Thanks for the answer. It is very helpfull to me) I am a newbie in this playground) But it is very cool) Very realistic boxes ))

@likwidsec said:

@Pomme said:

We all started somewhere man…Just because you found it obvious doesn’t mean a lot of people did.

little hint for priv esc

It’s like watching an AngryJoeShow video review :smiley:

I’d love to have access to a sub-forum for each box, password protected by the root flag, then we could discuss why certain things wouldn’t work that under different circumstances would of, it’s just a thought…

@Saoirse said:
It’s like watching an AngryJoeShow video review :smiley:

I’d love to have access to a sub-forum for each box, password protected by the root flag, then we could discuss why certain things wouldn’t work that under different circumstances would of, it’s just a thought…

That sounds like an awesome idea to me…would also help people like me learn different approaches you can take.