Zipper

Got root…
It’s relatively easier than user :+1:
I liked the way it was done.

So I found a service and I was able to get a list of valid endpoints in such a service. However, every time I try to access those endpoints, I get a message saying error connecting to database.

Am I in the right path? I can’t find anything else of interest, but that also seems like a deadend. Any hints?

@AgustinCB said:
So I found a service and I was able to get a list of valid endpoints in such a service. However, every time I try to access those endpoints, I get a message saying error connecting to database.

Am I in the right path? I can’t find anything else of interest, but that also seems like a deadend. Any hints?

That sounds like somebody broke something. Try a reset.

Hi Guys,

Been hammering away at this for sometime now and I’m starting to think I’m in a rabbit hole. Getting “No permissions to referred object or it does not exist!” error when trying to execute the shell I created. I’m being vague so I don’t spoil it for everyone else, I think it’s because I’m not defining the “hostid”, but I can’t seem to extract this from the system anywhere. PM me if you have any suggestions. Thanks

Thanks to a nudge from tty I’ve managed to root the box. User/Root is straight forward. Good box overall. PM if looking for a nudge.

right, I have some sort of access, aparently in the “wrong place” as I cannot see user.txt. but I don`t understand the whole “Wrong place/right place” thing Anyone want to give me a clue?

ok found the ‘right place’ but not sure how, then from my reverse shell it worked out easier to ding root and then run around and collect all the flags :slight_smile:

Can someone PM me about what to do after finding the first set of creds obtained from the site. I just can’t find any use for them and im having no luck with anything else :frowning:

one of the interfaces is unavailable what are the other interfaces ?
what is the lowest level one that other are build upon ?

I found login page and i used the hydra but it is not worked . I couldn’t go any further. Can you help me ?

Take a look at the guest interface, it is basically all you need.
Re-read this thread, some great advice in here. (As always! :smiley:)

Recently found the user.txt, now going for root!

edit: got root!

Hi all, hopefully someone can explain me something via PM. I accessed the host but landed in a random hostname (I know what that thing was) - After poking around I found nothing and disconnected. Few minutes later I accessed the host again and landed on the real host, where I found the user. What happened there?

@0x23B said:
Hi all, hopefully someone can explain me something via PM. I accessed the host but landed in a random hostname (I know what that thing was) - After poking around I found nothing and disconnected. Few minutes later I accessed the host again and landed on the real host, where I found the user. What happened there?

I assume you used specific tool found on github ? read it’s details again. You will find out it’s just a tool on top of something more basic - then read its (this more basic thing) documentation and do it manually having full control over what happens rather than relying on other people to set up things for you.

if you are using sth else then it might either have more options that you haven’t used or it’s simply missing required configuration options for you to control where you ‘connect’

hope it makes sense

I always encounter “GUI access disabled.” when the box is reset by other users when I was logged in. Anyway to solve this problem?

That is the intended way, people seem to open up the GUI via config, eventhough there is no need.

Think on a lower level!

@avoidy said:
That is the intended way, people seem to open up the GUI via config, eventhough there is no need.

Think on a lower level!

I cannot login via the GUI since yesterday. Any hints?

@samiux said:

@avoidy said:

Think on a lower level!

I cannot login via the GUI since yesterday. Any hints?

to reiterate previous poster: DO NOT USE GUI

And my previous post:
“one of the interfaces is unavailable what are the other interfaces ?
what is the lowest level one that other are build upon ?”

Rooted!
I really liked this box. I learned allot about talking to the service running on this box. Once i got a shell i actually overlooked something obvious in a script, so getting user took longer then needed.
Root was pretty easy (after some googling), but stil learned something new.

Rooted!!

Nice box… I was overthinging a LOT before I finaly got USER (thanx to @Phrenesis2k). Then root is just NOT overthing…

Learned a lot (again)

Just want to understand why “GUI access disabled” is there? I do not know about Zabbix. Anyone can explain?