Access

@stiqan said:
I am going totally nuts over here… I am logged in as S******* on telnet, got reverse powershell to tidy up… Using run as, both for “E*******” which I have PW for (doesn’t accept anything I do), can’t read E****** desktop or admin … using all kinds of variables, \access\a**** \access\e**** /sav***red AHHH! :slight_smile:

PM me if you need, however I may not be able to respond right away. Try joining the Discord if you need immediate help, the folks in there are very cool and very helpful.

I need a hint for priv esc, anyone pm private message me :frowning:

Hi everyone,

Did someone have problem with the “dir” command on the ftp?
It seems to not respond even after a reset

Right. Bugging me. I’ve managed to get root.txt however cannot read the content! From reading through the forum it seems like its hit and miss as to whether or not people can read it straight away.
I’ve tried changing file permissions, adding local group to file permissions, reseting the file permissions etc etc etc buuuuuuuut nothing. Looking at the file ACL i have full permissions but its just not happening.
I’ve reset the box like rootcollector suggested but still no luck!

Any comments?

@ByteM3 said:
Right. Bugging me. I’ve managed to get root.txt however cannot read the content! From reading through the forum it seems like its hit and miss as to whether or not people can read it straight away.
I’ve tried changing file permissions, adding local group to file permissions, reseting the file permissions etc etc etc buuuuuuuut nothing. Looking at the file ACL i have full permissions but its just not happening.
I’ve reset the box like rootcollector suggested but still no luck!

Any comments?

I am exactly on the same boat, I am obsessing at this stage. I have turned off the firewall (desperate act), moved root.txt to access\e*******'s folder. Tried com*****ion via Powershell, copying root to \smb-location\ , the only remaining is working out Admin’s password via *****atz

Finally got root the legit way. first time it was just laying around on the user desktop next to the user flag, but I wanted to figure out the legit way. If anyone needs a hint, please let me know. I was also struggling to open the root file once I copied it, but I found another solution to copy the file and read it.
Nice machine!

@lemarkus said:
Finally got root the legit way. first time it was just laying around on the user desktop next to the user flag, but I wanted to figure out the legit way. If anyone needs a hint, please let me know. I was also struggling to open the root file once I copied it, but I found another solution to copy the file and read it.
Nice machine!

I could use any hint you have. i am out of ideas on this one.

@qdada said:

@lemarkus said:
Nice machine!

I could use any hint you have. i am out of ideas on this one.

Same here. Going in circles at this point. Sooo close yet so far away.

Phew, one of my first windows boxes, got root and user fairly straightforward!

Yay got root. Happy to answer PMs if anyone needs a hint.

Hello All, Captain Dipshit here with an important message.

DON’T OVERTHINK THIS ONE!!! (20pts)

Be mindful of where you are at all times.

Got root! Thanks everybody for the hints. You don’t need a reverse shell for this one, but using ps helps a lot.

Finally rooted the box… PM me if ya need some help.

1. Enum all services… that is your initial foothold
  2. Google is your friend with all these file extensions you might not know
  3. get a stable shell.
  4. Take advantage of a lazy admin

Just got this one. Plenty of rabbit holes…

Hi, I downloaded the two files locally, the first requires me the password the second I have no idea with which technique to use it, some help please :anguished:

@Brux try doing a google search of the file type and it should point you in the right direction as to what to do next.

Got user easy enough but struggling with privesc to get root.

I know from the hints here in the forum that it’s to do with rxxxs, but do i need to use cxxxxy to /axx or something? Or am I way off?

Can someone PM me a hint please? It’s driving me crazy!

Finally got root! I had to retrace my steps. I hate when i miss simple things like an important an option.

I enjoyed this box, learned some cool stuff about r***s

Have been trying to read root.txt, tried various options. Some nudge is appreciated.