Zipper

@Senpaisol said:
Finally got root. This is an amazing box!

USER:

• use your own wordlist not rockyou! But before creating your wordlist gather as much info as possible and look for typos.

• If you find something useful and working in searchsploit modify it to fit your needs.

• With the right items you have to take massive action to get a stable shell.

ROOT:

• You dont need msfvenom if you can compile C

You don’t need to compile C if you can use bash :stuck_out_tongue: (but either way works fine). And yeah, good advice about the wordlist stuff. It sounds like there’s a way to do this with an exploit and a way to do this with the GUI, so don’t think you’re limited to just one method of gaining access.

For root: strings will point you in the right direction after you find a special file. You shouldn’t need to compile anything, just echo it.

@dualfade 100% worth VIP.

@0x29A said:
@dualfade 100% worth VIP.

+1

Hey everyone, found user and password, got GUI access disabled, can someone pm me with a direction to access via C*I ? Thanks !

Whoa, whiplash, the “location” switched itself right under my feet!

So it appears to not be 39937 as it makes you go to the wrong server…no gui access for the login…no brute forcing…guest access doesnt do much…what gives

@cslatt05 said:
guest access doesnt do much

Guest access is all you need for initial foothold. Try harder (look closer)

@nickxla said:
Hey everyone, found user and password, got GUI access disabled, can someone pm me with a direction to access via C*I ? Thanks !

Got credentials but access is weird.

I managed to get a script working and I can get a reverse shell at any time, even after the box resets, but I’m stuck here. There seems like there isn’t much to be seen on this box and I can’t run anything. Got up to this point in maybe an hour and something and can’t work this part out.
Any hints or clues maybe?

I found this box very interesting as at every step there seem to be different ways to achieve the same / a similar result.

My hint for user as I found that the biggest challenge: There are (at least?) two different ways to get code execution using the z service - for one of them it is possible to overcome the ‘instant shell reset issue’ easily. For the other one it is not (I think).

If you happen the spot the ‘good method’ first you would never notice that there is a ‘shell reset’ issue…

Hmmm…you have to go through the manager to get to the agent…right

Hardest part of this one was figuring out wth was going on at first. Also the hardest part was getting a stable user shell (maybe not strictly needed but makes life so much easier). I got the root flag before the user flag. It will be interesting to see the writeups.

finally managed to get user, what a ride :astonished:

Really dude?

Well I’m unsure if other boxes are like this one, but this one was maybe slightly too “complex” to put on. This is my 2nd box and throughout the past 2 days it has constantly been resetting, I doubt anyone can properly work on it. There are a ton of modifications by others that just keep messing with what other people have put on.

Well, I’m still being stuck on doing the privesc as I have to constantly repeat the steps to get the shell back to me.

@Veki said:
Well I’m unsure if other boxes are like this one, but this one was maybe slightly too “complex” to put on. This is my 2nd box and throughout the past 2 days it has constantly been resetting, I doubt anyone can properly work on it. There are a ton of modifications by others that just keep messing with what other people have put on.

Well, I’m still being stuck on doing the privesc as I have to constantly repeat the steps to get the shell back to me.

If you’re in the right place as the right user, grab the SSH key and SSH in :slight_smile:

I have got the shell but not at right place… I have been enumerating but not getting any thing which could point me to right direction. Any hints plzz?

Someone last night was managing to break out of containers onto the host when connecting with a script found in searchsploit. Could you hit me up? I’d really like to know how you were doing it.

i have a rev shell on zipper but dont know what to do next. found bac**p.s* and i am trying to do something with it but i got no luck. could somone pm me or help me??