Hawk

Finally rooted after managing to get a stable box. Good lessons!

The box just got reset and now I can no longer access a service on a high port, what would be causing this?
Just read through all the posts, apparently I was never supposed to see that in the first place lol (at least, not as a remote user)

I can’t see to find where to start a foothold… anyone want to point me in the right direction? And is the messages directory via ftp supposed to not have anything in it?

Got the shell…any idea on priv esc?
found the plaintext password…but no luck with root
OH…finally Rooted…was easy

Enumerate , enumerate. If you have good enumerated for user shell, it must follow the way and get the root quite easily.

Rooted yesterday, very good box :slight_smile:

@PercyJackson35 said:
I can’t see to find where to start a foothold… anyone want to point me in the right direction? And is the messages directory via ftp supposed to not have anything in it?

Spoiler Removed - Arrexel

Can anyone give me a nudge for user? I have enumerated through the open services, decrypted, but i have no idea where to find username. Do i need to enumerate / brute force for username or is it more obvious?

Thanks

Need Help on “D*****” password. Searched for it in all the relevant files but no luck yet. Any hint on this please?

wow, from all the comments of people with pro hacker and guru status. This isn’t that easy of box huh?

Do I need the password for the user on 8082? I’m stuck at the privesc. I got logged in as D***** on ssh…

EDIT: Got root now :slight_smile:

can’t get a shell for 5 minutes, keeps being reset >.<

I could really use some hints for the enc file. Any help is useful. Feel free to PM me.

Edit: got user.txt, now for privesc…

hints on getting ssh passwd 4 user d***l

for the user initial information stage, you have a good friend in google called “Ew Skuzzy”

who else got this error? Wrong user name or password [280-196] 280/28**0 (Help)

this box was easy. if you guys need help PM me on the main site and not the forum

@agnarus said:
who else got this error? Wrong user name or password [280-196] 280/28**0 (Help)

i do not know the reason but this was not the wat to get the PE.for PE, poison+exploitDB will help you.

Got user, onto root!

edit: rooted, what a fun box!

Rooted months ago, searching for alternative ways of rooting, please pm me if you’d like to discuss about it

I now logged in as user “D*****”, did the P*** F****** and then tried to use the credentials found but it says wrong username/password. Badly stuck at this point from so long. Any hint on how to proceed further please?