Access

ah… finally got it, yeah will definitely add this privesc to my list of things to try for windows…

feel free to PM me for hints but here’s my advice.

For user flag:
If you are having trouble with one of the services… try using the terminal, apt-get install [service name] if it’s not installed and use that instead of a gui

For root flag:
the r***s command worked… but it took a lot of work to make it work. Making a profile and trying it on a windows VM definitely helped… my hint here is you might need a one-line script to make it work

Got user, working towards root. I found one way to get to the root.txt but I get Access Denied when reading the contents, and I don’t think I’m getting to the directory via “intended” methods. If someone has time, PM to help point me in the right direction?

@agonx00 said:

@n0bf said:
I found that using a common Linux tool s****** worked to let me read it enough that I could find a password that worked for the zip, but now I’m stuck at trying to read the file that was zipped up. I’m assuming I’m on the right track?

Yes, search more for the filetype and a tool

@agonx00 said:

@n0bf said:
I found that using a common Linux tool s****** worked to let me read it enough that I could find a password that worked for the zip, but now I’m stuck at trying to read the file that was zipped up. I’m assuming I’m on the right track?

Yes, search more for the filetype and a tool

ghello mcan u assit me with access please i got the 2 files .mdb and the zip i cracked the zip but i dont know where to use the information i found on .pst file thx

@yyhh01 said:
So i found 2 ways to do it,

1. get system then use T_ _ _ _ to read flag.
  2. look at how u can find out administrator credentials using a manager tool in windows. then leverage on that to read flag.

But good machine learn alot, especially a new way to upload files/and new way to enumerate windows machine. thumbs up to creator.

hello can u help me please on PM how to upload files i read the mails and i stuck now

hi I have t… access to user and checked if they are administrator on system or not. Can anyone point me where I should look via PM. I know more but do not want to spoil. Thanks

Hi folks. I’m utterly, utterly lost on an .mdb file. I’ve been trying for days to use the correct tooling to access it and discover whatever it is that is contained. How the actual f**k do you properly access this file to view contents? Everything I’ve tried has come to an indefinable ‘something’ but, I have no way to verify what I’ve done. I have no authenticated access to the .pst nor to running services. I have no idea how to proceed.

Yes, I’ve read the forum in its entirety. No, not Kali, but Ubuntu.

PM me please - I’m looking for a spoiler, not a hint.

Hi, I have uploaded the zipfile but how can crack this password?
PM me please - Need big hint thanks

@ElPablo said:
Hi folks. I’m utterly, utterly lost on an .mdb file. I’ve been trying for days to use the correct tooling to access it and discover whatever it is that is contained. How the actual f**k do you properly access this file to view contents? Everything I’ve tried has come to an indefinable ‘something’ but, I have no way to verify what I’ve done. I have no authenticated access to the .pst nor to running services. I have no idea how to proceed.

Update: I have had the correct password all along - the error code I get each time still puzzles me however. Back to the drawing board. access4me will be work eventually

@ElPablo said:

Do some research on ftp options. You are right about the file. It took me quite some time to realize that there was something up with the file. So I had to go back to ftp and I realized my mistake when downloading it. That’s all I can say.

I got user and root. If you need help send me a private message.

can someone give me clue to get root on the “access” machine, try several ways with “ru**s” but I cannot do priv esc.
Thanks You

Can someone give me a hint? I managed to get something with the .pst file. But have no idea where to go from there. Tried all kinds of combinations on the other service with the lower port number but get Login Failed.

Stuck pretty bad on this machine. I found the hint for rs but my syntax is wrong somehow. Trying to rs anything with en*****r user to try and get a foothold on the machine. Please PM me with some tips or PM me on Discord.

just rooted the machine. It’s so awesome how much every single box teaches you…

Thanks @TazWake for your support

If anyone needs a hint, just drop me a message.

I’ve got user, but have tried so many different things with r***a to get root but it always asks for passwd, Can someone PM with hints please

@Concr3ta said:
Can someone give me a hint? I managed to get something with the .pst file. But have no idea where to go from there. Tried all kinds of combinations on the other service with the lower port number but get Login Failed.

You read the .pst file?

never mind got root, thanks to @td00k for pm

Yip. I have access to C:\users\Administrator\Desktop\ but can’t read root.txt

@lalala said:

@Concr3ta said:

You read the .pst file?

Thanks overlooked that username :D. Got user now working on root