Hawk

could someone help me out on this? i know what to do and i (assume) i know how to do it but i encounter strange permission problems and the tools i’m using behave weirdly. i’d just like to know if i’m doing it wrong, i got user and h2 console access. it just doesn’t like me and yeah ,i could try other stuff but i’d like to not use metasploit. don’t get me wrong it’s a powerful tool but it’s also very obscure sometimes and i’d rather take the rocky road and figure it out (unless it’s 1500 lines of bash script because f**k that noise)

help me getting the user… Hint PLease!

How to to get enc file…?

@horrorshow1984 said:
could someone help me out on this? i know what to do and i (assume) i know how to do it but i encounter strange permission problems and the tools i’m using behave weirdly. i’d just like to know if i’m doing it wrong, i got user and h2 console access. it just doesn’t like me and yeah ,i could try other stuff but i’d like to not use metasploit. don’t get me wrong it’s a powerful tool but it’s also very obscure sometimes and i’d rather take the rocky road and figure it out (unless it’s 1500 lines of bash script because f**k that noise)

I’m in the same boat as you. Did you make any more progress?

@ThMgnfcntStnr said:

@horrorshow1984 said:

I’m in the same boat as you. Did you make any more progress?

You and horrorshow1984 PM me, I’ll see if I can help

got it! thanks to @inspek!

Getting annoyed with Hawk, someone keeps Dossing the portal. Keep getting WARNING: Failed to daemonise. This is quite common and not fatal. Connection refused (111)

Rooted. PM if you need help

@hermajordoctor said:
Getting annoyed with Hawk, someone keeps Dossing the portal. Keep getting WARNING: Failed to daemonise. This is quite common and not fatal. Connection refused (111)

same here … please dont Dos the portal

Interesting box!!. Thank you

Finally rooted after managing to get a stable box. Good lessons!

The box just got reset and now I can no longer access a service on a high port, what would be causing this?
Just read through all the posts, apparently I was never supposed to see that in the first place lol (at least, not as a remote user)

I can’t see to find where to start a foothold… anyone want to point me in the right direction? And is the messages directory via ftp supposed to not have anything in it?

Got the shell…any idea on priv esc?
found the plaintext password…but no luck with root
OH…finally Rooted…was easy

Enumerate , enumerate. If you have good enumerated for user shell, it must follow the way and get the root quite easily.

Rooted yesterday, very good box :slight_smile:

@PercyJackson35 said:
I can’t see to find where to start a foothold… anyone want to point me in the right direction? And is the messages directory via ftp supposed to not have anything in it?

Spoiler Removed - Arrexel

Can anyone give me a nudge for user? I have enumerated through the open services, decrypted, but i have no idea where to find username. Do i need to enumerate / brute force for username or is it more obvious?

Thanks

Need Help on “D*****” password. Searched for it in all the relevant files but no luck yet. Any hint on this please?

wow, from all the comments of people with pro hacker and guru status. This isn’t that easy of box huh?

Do I need the password for the user on 8082? I’m stuck at the privesc. I got logged in as D***** on ssh…

EDIT: Got root now :slight_smile:

can’t get a shell for 5 minutes, keeps being reset >.<