Frolic

Well finally got user, now messing about with r** anyone know how to find function addresses without gdb?

@Skunkfoot said:

@Phr33fall said:
No f***ing way this box should be a 20 pointer!

What difference does it make? It’s all for practice and learning anyway.

Totally agree, but the points awarded normally relates to the level of difficulty of a box.

Those new to HTB could be discouraged if they chose this as their first box.

Finally got root. What a load of bullshit. Thanks @BoiteAKlou , @tobor , and @x00byte for the help.

rooted finally , many thank to @N30C0UNT , @x00byte, and @kecebong (and probably others that I forgot)

in a nutshell f*ck this machine

Is anyone privesc by format string ?
PM

@Phr33fall said:

@Skunkfoot said:

@Phr33fall said:
No f***ing way this box should be a 20 pointer!

What difference does it make? It’s all for practice and learning anyway.

Totally agree, but the points awarded normally relates to the level of difficulty of a box.

Those new to HTB could be discouraged if they chose this as their first box.

I think the “Difficulty” column relates to the level of difficulty a little more :stuck_out_tongue: But I get what you’re saying

@Skunkfoot said:

I think the “Difficulty” column relates to the level of difficulty a little more :stuck_out_tongue: But I get what you’re saying

I agree with both of you.

I think a lot of people new to HTB will try to start with this box because “its only 20 points, how hard can it be” and it is marked 5/10 (I thought it started out lower than that) with a lot of “easy” votes.

However, judging by the comments on this thread, questions I’ve been asked and the fact it took me nearly two days to get the first bit of code translation, I wouldn’t recommend this to new people. It isn’t a bad box, but there is a lot of it which is far from intuitive and not exactly what you’d expect from trying to own a box.

@TazWake said:

@Skunkfoot said:

I agree with both of you.

I think a lot of people new to HTB will try to start with this box because “its only 20 points, how hard can it be” and it is marked 5/10 (I thought it started out lower than that) with a lot of “easy” votes.

However, judging by the comments on this thread, questions I’ve been asked and the fact it took me nearly two days to get the first bit of code translation, I wouldn’t recommend this to new people. It isn’t a bad box, but there is a lot of it which is far from intuitive and not exactly what you’d expect from trying to own a box.

Yeah I agree, I would definitely send them to something like Jerry over this box to start out with

Yeah, not the best starter box. Think it should be worth more than 20 points just for the useless / ridiculous steps to user. First box I’ve seen where :+1: / :-1: is staying pretty steady at 50/50.

All 1000 scanned ports on 10.10.10.111 are filtered

This just happened all of a sudden. Reset requested. Somebody’s playing around?

edit. Never mind. It was just my VPN that dropped. :smiley:

That looks like a problem on the box unless its a UDP scan.

I’d rescan and if you get it again, reset the box.

Finally, after three days of messing around, I got root thanks to @N30C0UNT for the help.

Got root… Awesome box. Thanks @TazWake __________________-----

I decoded all the code and got this word idk********. What do i do with ? And how do I get cred for red?

Try to login with that.

Looking for priv esc now…
Edit:Rooted…

O> @Divyanshu said:

I decoded all the code and got this word idk********. What do i do with ? And how do I get cred for red?

I am in the same boat as you! The server is vulnerable to a certain user enumeration vulnerability. I have confirmed the existence of 2 usernames I uncovered during the enumeration of another service. This idk******** word does not seem to work against the web service or the shell service. HALP!

@frizb said:
O> @Divyanshu said:

I am in the same boat as you! The server is vulnerable to a certain user enumeration vulnerability. I have confirmed the existence of 2 usernames I uncovered during the enumeration of another service. This idk******** word does not seem to work against the web service or the shell service. HALP!

Keep enumerating further there is something you might be missing… This box becomes unstable at times and after running my scan again after a reset some new things have shown up.

@frizb said:
O> @Divyanshu said:

This you can to get the reverse shell. Enumerate more.

Got user PM me if you need help :slight_smile: