Access

can anyone help? got the user.txt and trying to use r***s command in the command prompt with /savecred parameter, but no luck. Can anyone PM me the direction or hints? Thx in advance.

So, I found the user password. I see comments of people using FTP, but my NMAP scan comes back with it on a single unusual UDP port. I try to FTP on the normal and usual with connection refused. Can someone PM me a hint? Thanks.

Finally got root ! Thanks a lot @r0pSteev and @sno0ze !

@nickxla said:
Finally got root ! Thanks a lot @r0pSteev and @sno0ze !

Gratulations, bro!

Finally got root.txt Thanks very much @Ghermy @k1z3 and @Peric0te . thanks for the ideas
they made me read a lot

why i cant open ba**.mdb file ? it isnt opening i am stuck please hint me

I finally did it ! yay!!!

@GoatPrime said:
So, I found the user password. I see comments of people using FTP, but my NMAP scan comes back with it on a single unusual UDP port. I try to FTP on the normal and usual with connection refused. Can someone PM me a hint? Thanks.

I’d redo your nmap scan.

Got the user.txt special thanks to @jackshd for hint :slight_smile:

i found root.txt but i get Cannot acces file error please hint me

@BreeZeQQ said:
i found root.txt but i get Cannot acces file error please hint me

Check your PMs.

just GOT ROOT!
■■■■ this was cool, I learned something new!
PM me for hints! no spoiler!!

Alright, I’ve tried hundreds of variations of the r***s command. Can someone help me out?

EDIT: nvm the 101 combo worked!

rooted

@TazWake said:

@iainpbsec said:
i’ve managed to get the root flag copied into another file by using ru*** and a quick script, but i can’t read file that either or change its permissions.

Copying it might not be the best approach.

I’ve just popped root, but I’m not happy with it because I don’t follow this.

Can anyone elaborate on why this is the case? I can copy the file to my own user desktop directory and run takeown.exe and still can’t access the file. I can’t replicate that on any of my own servers. If it’s in a directory you own, I’ve always been able to do this.

There has to be something special on this server, you’ll probably need to PM to avoid spoilers.

Trying to exec r**** command like “blind” within a telnet session, without knowing the behaviour first, it’s a pain in the a**
So…

Finally got root. Big thanks to @3poke and especially @TazWake for their useful hints and advice.

Finally got root, thanks to @14NC3107 for your very useful hints

I enjoyed the ride on this box, didn’t need to go through this thread for a change. But skipping through it, I think the thread contains a lot, or even too much, info to get yourself to the flags.

can’t make r***s work in any way
I ried many many different forms
none of them worked
This is annoying I have been trying for 3 days