Access

Hi everyone, first machine on HTB.
I managed to get user flag, now I think I got some clues on how to get root but I can’t manage to get r***s work.

Is it possible to get a hint (via PM if contains spoilers)

Thanks !

Need a hint to read the root.txt via PM :slight_smile:

Hi Guys,
I have founds that two files in ftp path.Download into my kali and open them.I found the passwords.I can login to ftp but in anycase can not put upload any file.I got 550 access deny error.So how should I go on?I need some hint.Thanks.

I had access to the machine but I have problems with the privsc I know it is about r **** but I need help someone can give me help for mp, I do not give more information and do not understand for more commands that put I’m stuck please i speak spanish but I interpret some English

Finally Rooted, but not without some considerable effort in understanding how r***s was to be employed. Thanks @ Jacker31 for the help. Need to go back and understand the windows side of things.

@DKSTRMT1 said:
Finally Rooted, but not without some considerable effort in understanding how r***s was to be employed. Thanks @ Jacker31 for the help. Need to go back and understand the windows side of things.

you are welcomed.

@Jacker31 Thanks friend helped me for the necessary support of what I could not see, at root.txt… thanks and excellent machine leaves much to learn

@Ghermy you are welcomed

I got user.txt and was stuck on getting root.txt. I found a image file but didn’t know how to show or download it. Am I doing on right track? Please give me a hint. Thank you all! :frowning:

I got user access. Need help with priv esc. Please PM some tips on where to start looking for priv esc. Using r***s still requires a password. Some help would be very much appreciated.

are there any problems with the box? yesterday I was able to enter the admin folder with r***s, today it doesn’t work, even after a few resets…

same here can’t seem to acccess Admin folder even with the user in the admins group

I didn’t think the accounts you can compromise on this box could ever access the admins folder.

So glad you guys just said that, I cant get access to the Admin directory now either and it was working fine for me at lunch time with the Ru**s method, even restarted the system myself and I never do that.

The tips and solutions is all around in this forum, look through page by page :wink:

I believe I have the correct files to start digging around more. Although, currently stumped. I am seeking guidance. A helping hand would be amazing.

I need some help guys:

"
Hi Guys,
I have founds that two files in ftp path.Download into my kali and open them.I found the passwords.I can login to ftp but in anycase can not put upload any file.I got 550 access deny error.So how should I go on?I need some hint.Thanks."

You dont need to put any files in to FTP. There are other ways to access the box.

@sesha569 said:
Went till the reading email. So what’s the next step here? Where to use those I found in email?
Thanks.

I stuck on the same step:(

Edit:Got it.

finally rooted…
thanks to @Owg @Draco123 @Jacker31 @3poke
great community!