Frolic

ok I get that the code is some variant of b*******k but what’s the deal with the ? that’s not in the language?

@Parttimesecguy said:
ok I get that the code is some variant of b*******k but what’s the deal with the ? that’s not in the language?

Why dont you search a lang with “?” in them then ?

@DaChef said:

@Parttimesecguy said:

Why dont you search a lang with “?” in them then ?

have you tried googling for a ? :slight_smile:

for those that are struggling with the .!? stuff… It’s a shortend version of a particular esoteric language that is lesser known for the “?” symbol than another language is.

i think the “?” is a deliberate decoy, over look it.

hope that’s not a spoiler, please redact if so

right got the !.? language sorted , now deciphering more nonsense

Decoded the first encryption looking for a way to decrypt second one…

great, I know have 3 passwords, but none of them work with the coloured service, unless I’m missing a username, any clues?

Got user, what a CTF, pm if you need help

@Parttimesecguy said:
great, I know have 3 passwords, but none of them work with the coloured service, unless I’m missing a username, any clues?

did you enumerate deeper on all ports you found open?

i have decoded both the cyrptic strings and was able to covert that into a usable file which is protected by a password. i have 2 passwords in my hand and none of them work against the protected file. Can someone pass me hint on where i can find the password for it.

@xrander said:
i have decoded both the cyrptic strings and was able to covert that into a usable file which is protected by a password. i have 2 passwords in my hand and none of them work against the protected file. Can someone pass me hint on where i can find the password for it.

There is a tool which cracks passwords on this particular file type. If you use it with the RockYou wordlist, it takes about 3 seconds. Alternatively, you might be able to guess it.

I believe I have encrypted the string for the second time and ended up with 0xxxBxxxxA but i cannot figure out what to do with this string. I have investigated magic numbers as implied by others but none have that particular string.

Anyone willing to assist on the root process for Frolic? certain cowboy tactics are not woring for me

Edit: Finally got it

im on the same if anyone can help me PM

WooHoo User! I worked way too hard for that. I really hope root isnt too far off for 20 points

@tobor said:
WooHoo User! I worked way too hard for that. I really hope root isnt too far off for 20 points

I agree - I think I worked harder for that user than I did for mischief…

i’m stuck at the second encoded message, can anyone give me a hint? I don’t know what to do to it

Any hint or readings for Priv Esc?

I have stuck there 2 days.

Hello everyone.

I need more help decoding the …!!! stuff. I’ve found the name of this el but i’m not that sure and i can’t run the ‘tool’ that i found that can decrpyt this.

Also found some users and pw but can’t use it to log in to anything.

Thanks,

@houserenren said:
Any hint or readings for Priv Esc?

I have stuck there 2 days.

I’d recommend taking a look at videos or write-ups for retired HTB machines! @jreeves also provided two links earlier in this thread which should help with using the right key words to find them.