Frolic

I have passwords (one from decoding the thing). Now I feel silly that I cannot figure out where to use them. I have tried all the 4 obvious services and the color service. Am I missing some enumeration?

same as you gl0b0

I believe I have found a login cred for the color service , anyone willing to PM to help nudge me in right direction.

@DirtyBird said:
same as you gl0b0

And me too, lol

I just decoded the b******** code and got a text. But I can’t use it to login anywhere. Any hint after this.?

any idea with what to do with the decode …!? string

Same here, can see some informations when trying to decode (seems to be filename) but cannot get something relevant.

Any hints ?

Magic numbers.

@beards4ever said:
I believe I have found a login cred for the color service , anyone willing to PM to help nudge me in right direction.

Never mind …login failed …■■■■ rabbit hole

just decoded the …? stuff, any hint about decoding the second incomprehensible message ?

Edit: got user, I don’t really like boxes like this, not very realistic…anyway it would have been nice as a challenge

for anyone who needs help with the privesc using a ROP stack overflow method…
http://codearcana.com/posts/2013/05/28/introduction-to-return-oriented-programming-rop.html

I haven’t even gotten a shell. Got several creds but can’t seem to use them anywhere, including the color service. Could use some tips.

@TheInnocent said:
just decoded the …? stuff, any hint about decoding the second incomprehensible message ?

@tty comment is what you need , that and Gary Kessler list

@tty said:

any idea with what to do with the decode …!? string

Same here, can see some informations when trying to decode (seems to be filename) but cannot get something relevant.

Any hints ?

Magic numbers.

Thank you !

I’ve got a pw… now where to use it :bleep_bloop:
Edit: Got it!
Any hints on privesc?

idk what to do now.hints please!

Seems like more than 20 pts to me.

User was quite interesting, even though it was more like solving different challenges. However, did not like the root part, glad there is not only one way of doing it.

After too many hours I’ve just got the first bit of that darn code. SERIOUSLY? Even with the hints here and almost having it right I still headed off on the wrong tangent for a whole evening, until I started reading in more depth what appeared to be the world’s most pointless information website. If only I was a Librarian.

finally got user after working on that ridiculous jibberish for way to long. I don’t even feel good about it. I’m just happy its over.

yeah don’t know why these many different decoders required. Any hint when it is going to end?

@sesha569 said:
yeah don’t know why these many different decoders required. Any hint when it is going to end?

It’s a real Brainf*ck isn’t it.