Frolic

how can I correctly view …!.? I’ve tried everything I can think of to translate from nearly every language in the world and still only get …!.?

is play*** a rabbit hole?

@0xlc said:

No it’s not

@0xlc said:

No ! :wink:

Stuck on the …!.?. Seen the hints in this discussion, and have previously solved some of the challenges that use ELs, but not finding an EL that actually matches this page/syntax.

@thrash said:
Stuck on the …!.?. Seen the hints in this discussion, and have previously solved some of the challenges that use ELs, but not finding an EL that actually matches this page/syntax.

it may not match exactly… so just read a bit of the details on EL

@opt1kz said:

@0x29A said:
Ben the zoo keeper or David the aquarist could probably read it, but they’d have to ask their friend to interpret it.

This is a very good hint, but it might fly over peoples’ heads if they don’t know what they’re looking for to begin with. So to expand on it a tiny bit: Esoteric languages.

:+1:

@w31rd0 said:

@thrash said:

it may not much exactly… so just read a bit of the details on EL

Got it. Was on the right track the whole time, and didn’t realize it.

I have passwords (one from decoding the thing). Now I feel silly that I cannot figure out where to use them. I have tried all the 4 obvious services and the color service. Am I missing some enumeration?

same as you gl0b0

I believe I have found a login cred for the color service , anyone willing to PM to help nudge me in right direction.

@DirtyBird said:
same as you gl0b0

And me too, lol

I just decoded the b******** code and got a text. But I can’t use it to login anywhere. Any hint after this.?

any idea with what to do with the decode …!? string

Same here, can see some informations when trying to decode (seems to be filename) but cannot get something relevant.

Any hints ?

Magic numbers.

@beards4ever said:
I believe I have found a login cred for the color service , anyone willing to PM to help nudge me in right direction.

Never mind …login failed …■■■■ rabbit hole

just decoded the …? stuff, any hint about decoding the second incomprehensible message ?

Edit: got user, I don’t really like boxes like this, not very realistic…anyway it would have been nice as a challenge

for anyone who needs help with the privesc using a ROP stack overflow method…
http://codearcana.com/posts/2013/05/28/introduction-to-return-oriented-programming-rop.html

I haven’t even gotten a shell. Got several creds but can’t seem to use them anywhere, including the color service. Could use some tips.

@TheInnocent said:
just decoded the …? stuff, any hint about decoding the second incomprehensible message ?

@tty comment is what you need , that and Gary Kessler list

@tty said:

any idea with what to do with the decode …!? string

Same here, can see some informations when trying to decode (seems to be filename) but cannot get something relevant.

Any hints ?

Magic numbers.

Thank you !