[WEB] Cartographer

@backspace said:
It’s a bug. Stop and relaunch your Docker and hope that this is resolved

I’ve tried several times and I only get that error.

@Fuitad said:
I’ve been getting database errors as well on this machine :frowning: Cannot solve it.

Hey, it’s not a bug, that happens if you have hackerbox’s VPN connected.

Hahahaha after this i changed my common.txt

What is the most obvious login bypass technique out there? What is the most obvious login bypass technique out there? What is the most obvious login bypass technique out there? What is the most obvious login bypass technique out there?
This question is more frustrating than the problem itself.

Please someone PM me. I tried for 3 hours. I am out of ideas. Don’t know user and pass. And no, I do not know what the most obvious bypass technique is.

Hi, guys. Its great to have a community here. So far I have cracked this cartographer challenge already this morning. The key was just a lucky guess for me. I’m happy that I found. But still, it doesn’t satisfy me much. Is there anything else instead of lucky guess after bypassing the login page to find the flag.

At first I was confused when saw that Under Construction page…
but after read that it’s quite easy i did a thing that is easiest one and bingo!

Ok, after checking here I was able to ‘guess’ the correct word to find the flag. Now I feel rather stupid for not doing the obvious first.

However, I’m sure there is a way to actually use the session obtained from the login to brute force / wordlist that word. Could someone pm me how this would be done if the word would not be so obvious?

At first I had no idea how to go about this challenge but the hints here definitely helped. That login bypass was weirdly easy I couldn’t believe it worked.

ikuamike

@fleitner said:

…, I’m sure there is a way to actually use the session obtained from the login to brute force / wordlist that word. Could someone pm me how this would be done if the word would not be so obvious?

I would also like to know what sort of directory enumeration can be performed in the situation. Would you need a custom script? or there is there a tool that already has this functionality?

Just try something …

OR ‘try something else’

I have to say. I tried brute-forcing my way through, running dirb, and now I feel so dumb after reading through what everyone said… Even as a newbie I should have gotten that. It’s the easiest trick in the book.

Got it, couldn’t believe how easy it was to get in. After id read through the comments and done some of my own research it finally clicked in my head. As stated in some of these comments its the most common way of login bypass and it is extremely simple. I bashed my head and then punched the air after i got in.

@sumOne said:

@fleitner said:

…, I’m sure there is a way to actually use the session obtained from the login to brute force / wordlist that word. Could someone pm me how this would be done if the word would not be so obvious?

I would also like to know what sort of directory enumeration can be performed in the situation. Would you need a custom script? or there is there a tool that already has this functionality?

I found that the dictionary in Burp Sniper ->Simple list → short words could work in this instance. You could also use CeWL to generate a wordlist from HTB and it would grab the word from this website.

Finally completed this challenge if need any help feel free to ask.

hahahaha this made me laugh :smiley:

smashes head against desk
That was super simple and I totally overthought it.

You don’t need bruteforcing, @alemorbel ! The best hint in this thread is not to overthink it. Literally. Just… don’t. Use one of the most obvious technique to bypass login (google-fu !). Nothing automated needed here.

PM me if you still need help ! :slight_smile:

This made me bash my head against a wall… I was overthinking it so hard.
Always try the most simple thing you can think of.

Remember, think of this like a CTF not a real world scenario