Access

@iainpbsec said:

@bluekanoodle said:
Is anyone else having a problem today with the machine being unresponsive? Every time I connect it seems to work for one or 2 commands then it gets stuck and I have to reconnect. Wasn’t sure if it was just me?

that’s because people keep resetting it :slight_smile:

Well that’s dumb. LOL

Ok, I am officially stuck trying to get root, I’ve been trying variations of the r****. Tried to do it on a local windows machine to see if I’m missing something, but I feel like I’m not even sure what I’m trying to do. Anyone want to PM me a hint?

I have some trouble with the .mdb file, i think the file is corrupted … Someone can pm me for give me a hint ?
Edit : It’s ok thank you

Finally got root!
I thought the difficulty was low!..boy was I wrong. I guess when you don’t know something, it’s hard!

Thanks to @raouf09 for help, turns out I was on the right track but didnt understand the syntax of a command. I still think the way I got it was an unintentional method though.
I will be happy to discuss with those how they got it and share my thoughts.

Priv Esc Hint.
Read over these forums over and over again. There are plenty of hints there.

Imagine if you can cd into administrator/desktop what will you do to view root.txt? Combine this with the another command.

I strongly recommend you testing your command line commands on your local windows host to understand the output or errors. This worked for me! Learnt a lot from this great box! Thanks @egre55 for this box!

@yaritu said:
I just moved the security user to the local administrators group, but I can’t access read the root.txt file

Any Hints ?

I did the same thing only to realise later that it was not needed. The good thing is that you got the command to work. Now you do more with that command. Test these commands on your own windows host first.

I have the root.txt file but even when i own it it still asks me for the password, help needed pls guys!

I got root.txt a while ago but I couldn’t rest until I figured out what is causing all of this access tomfoolery … I think I understand it now. Wow. Quite an education.

I am pretty weak when comes to cmd commands anyone can PM me and let me know if I am on the right direction.

After realising that I cannot read properly, had root within 2 minutes. Learnt a fair bit on this box

I got low privilege by getting the username and password from F… and Te… but I could not get root, can anyone give some advice? The only suspicious is ZKTeco ZKAccess, I try exploit but not working.

@shadowfon said:
I got low privilege by getting the username and password from F… and Te… but I could not get root, can anyone give some advice? The only suspicious is ZKTeco ZKAccess, I try exploit but not working.

PMing you a hint

Looking for any hints for Access. Was able to see files with default ftp login and downloaded one of them (the .mdb) cannot get the other. So stuck here. Any pls PM me. Tks.

Remember who you are when inside the box and this business is closed!

• Goodluck everyone!

Anyone PM me with privesc hint? Got user through t***** login, can’t get the one privesc zk***** vector to work.

@l30n said:
Anyone PM me with privesc hint? Got user through t***** login, can’t get the one privesc zk***** vector to work.

try other vector

Finally got root! thanks ! @jbob

@DKSTRMT1 said:
Looking for any hints for Access. Was able to see files with default ftp login and downloaded one of them (the .mdb) cannot get the other. So stuck here. Any pls PM me. Tks.

You shouldn’t have a problem with either file. Remember to use the correct mode of transfer.

I’m having some serious issues with getting the r**** command to work correctly, could someone PM me some hints?

Got root! Thank iainpbsec for your guidance! Definitely learned the intricacies of certain tools.

Feeling good now. I got the root flag a few days ago but I spent some more quality time with this box to fully understand it; so now I can log in as administrator, move around with no restrictions and do everything, including viewing root.txt with a simple type command. It turns out to be pretty simple… if you understand the technologies behind access (which I had no clue about a few days ago).