Access

Hi, can you help me? i use the command r***s but it’s asking me password, i have only one password…

Alright, I’ve been at this box for way to long now stuck with this runas command. I’ve tried tons of syntaxes but none of the worked. I’ve got 2 potential password to try if it gives me a prompt but those don’t work either.

I tried some commands on my own windows machine and one did work but trying it on access it doesn’t.

Would someone be so kind to shoot me a PM?

wow this box shouldnt be 20 points…

im stuck at priv esc. part, tried tons of r***** command with my own user or with admin** user but nothing works (only cmd… maybe)
I tried to execute lots of versions of running cmd.ex but nothing again.
I have also found some notes at desktop and modified those commands with r**** but again nothing nothing…
these commands are really restricted with purpose? then wow, it shouldnt be so hard… :frowning: :scream:

edit: rooted finally, if u start a journey with wrong boots (parameters), then all journey will be pain for u… read man page of known command very well… not a happy 4-5 hours for this struggle… :angry: :wink:

I just moved the security user to the local administrators group, but I can’t access read the root.txt file

Any Hints ?

Hint – how is access controlled on Windows? The answer is complicated.

I unfortunately need help with initial access Dx I should have got this but when I try cracking the .zip file my found passwords are not working!!! I am on Mac OS lol Any hints?

I found both files in F** service. Already looking into the ‘backup’ one and found the interesting passwords.

If someone can DM me that would be very helpful

Got it! Two characters in the end stood between me and root. A good box, simple in hindsight but learned a lot. Thanks to those who provided hints, those I gave hints - I hope they helped! Looking forward to going back to this box in a few days and trying another way.

Is anyone else having a problem today with the machine being unresponsive? Every time I connect it seems to work for one or 2 commands then it gets stuck and I have to reconnect. Wasn’t sure if it was just me?

Let me give a hint for priv esc.
First tho, like most ppl say you have to use r***s .
But a lot of ppl have a problem how to use it…
So my hint here is “linux has bash, Wyatt windows has similar?”
Take advantage of that.

Just got user lol I was having issues with Mac OS lol very simple just enumerate the F** files and then use what you find from one to unlock the other :smiley: and then you are in!

@bluekanoodle said:
Is anyone else having a problem today with the machine being unresponsive? Every time I connect it seems to work for one or 2 commands then it gets stuck and I have to reconnect. Wasn’t sure if it was just me?

that’s because people keep resetting it :slight_smile:

@iainpbsec said:

@bluekanoodle said:

that’s because people keep resetting it :slight_smile:

Well that’s dumb. LOL

Ok, I am officially stuck trying to get root, I’ve been trying variations of the r****. Tried to do it on a local windows machine to see if I’m missing something, but I feel like I’m not even sure what I’m trying to do. Anyone want to PM me a hint?

I have some trouble with the .mdb file, i think the file is corrupted … Someone can pm me for give me a hint ?
Edit : It’s ok thank you

Finally got root!
I thought the difficulty was low!..boy was I wrong. I guess when you don’t know something, it’s hard!

Thanks to @raouf09 for help, turns out I was on the right track but didnt understand the syntax of a command. I still think the way I got it was an unintentional method though.
I will be happy to discuss with those how they got it and share my thoughts.

Priv Esc Hint.
Read over these forums over and over again. There are plenty of hints there.

Imagine if you can cd into administrator/desktop what will you do to view root.txt? Combine this with the another command.

I strongly recommend you testing your command line commands on your local windows host to understand the output or errors. This worked for me! Learnt a lot from this great box! Thanks @egre55 for this box!

@yaritu said:
I just moved the security user to the local administrators group, but I can’t access read the root.txt file

Any Hints ?

I did the same thing only to realise later that it was not needed. The good thing is that you got the command to work. Now you do more with that command. Test these commands on your own windows host first.

I have the root.txt file but even when i own it it still asks me for the password, help needed pls guys!

I got root.txt a while ago but I couldn’t rest until I figured out what is causing all of this access tomfoolery … I think I understand it now. Wow. Quite an education.

I am pretty weak when comes to cmd commands anyone can PM me and let me know if I am on the right direction.