Access

Can someone PM a hint on how to open the root.txt? I feel like I tried everything at this stage and nothing has worked

General hint: if you are on Kali and you want to read some weird file type, for example a .blb file, first try “apropos blb” then blb (bash completion) and “locate blb” to see if there’s already a relevant toolset on the system. Then “apt search blb” to see if there’s something relevant in the repository that can be installed. Finally, google “read blb files on kali.” Also, “strings” is your friend. Also read man pages of the relevant export commands to see if you can export to a simple file type that’s easy to read with other simple commandline tools.

Rooted. Fun box - and nice problems. Happy to help others by PM

Ergh is it me or the box ? Can’t even run ru**s /? to get help menu.

I see the file on desktop showing command with stored creds but still stuck

Finally Got Root :slight_smile:
it was little hard for me as it was my first Machine
Thanks @Tract0r and @jackshd

Thanks to @owg made a slight adjustment and boom “RootDance”
My tip is don’t over complicate Run*s command and maybe you might need to go beyond the initial shell you have.

I am having trouble of installing the tool in my kali. any help? I am pissed

@iammainul said:
I am having trouble of installing the tool in my kali. any help? I am pissed

only tool I needed was available with apt install , you can use other commands to read “strings” from files :wink:

Rooted. The hints on the forum were enough for me.

My only input would be to test potential commands on your local windows instance prior to trying them on Access.

fanTASTIC box. Well-named. I got root.txt no problem (except for a syntax error at 2am) but then there was ANOTHER important thing to learn in order to get a fully interactive shell. Now I understand a lot of the weirdass behavior on this box. I’m adding this to my “Totally Pwned” toolkit.

Thanks! Definitely worth pushing on to get that shell after getting the root flag.

Got root, I agree with Underworld. Test the hints from here locally before trying them on the t****t terminal. As soon as I did that I knew exactly what I had to do. Happy to help others through their issues via PM.

Hi everyone
I need help, I am user and I don’t know what I have to do to get Administrator privileges . Some hints will be appreciated.

@evilcall said:
Hi everyone
I need help, I am user and I don’t know what I have to do to get Administrator privileges . Some hints will be appreciated.

A reverse shell was the only way I was able to get into the box with enough stability to read root.txt:

https://netsec.ws/?p=331

I was able to obtain the user and root flag without a privesc , don’t think it was the intended fashion,.

I’m stuck on privesc, any kind soul to light me up pleassee!

any hint on privEsc

Guys, I am really confused about this one here. I got user, tried just about everything in the book to privesc, but nothing seems to work. I’ve been all over the r***s command, which doesn’t return any data, even the help switch gives me blank lines. Can’t get a reverse shell cause nothing will execute. I’m probably missing something stupid, but I can’t rule out some obscure misconfiguration. Would appreciate a PM; my discord is sceleris#5490

i’m trying to follow FuzzySecurity for priv esc but not sure how to import a file into windows wget won’t work…it’s not there

rooted!!! pm if u want some help
i will give u some hint without spoilers
for the entry u must get some file and get important infos
and for the root just enum the system and u get intereting thing jut know how to use it
the response is front of u

I can’t seem to get the password for the zip file… any tips would be helpfull (here or via PM)