Free exe reversing tools

Hello all :smiley:
So I’m currently doing the reversing challenges and for quite some of them you need to debug exes. Problem is that all the tools I find are or way too expensive or bad, so I was wondering what tools people that have solved the challenges are using.
I just find it quite insane that to be able to have a nice lab you have to pay around 2 to 3 K in licenses every year for IDA + PE Explorer + Plugins for visual studio + Windows.
So I hope you can give me some links to tools, currently I’m using x64dbg, procmon and ILSpy, but I’m really suffering because the tools fall way too short and I have to spend a huge amount of time just fighting with the tools instead of using them.
Every time I see the challenge is about an exe file I’m instantly on pain.

Try DNSpy

radare2 is an open source dissembler, high learning curve, but gets the job done.

@uncledamfee said:
radare2 is an open source dissembler, high learning curve, but gets the job done.

I never tried radare2 with windows binary

@MinatoTW said:
Try DNSpy

Uh thanks a lot, didn’t know about that one and it’s really nice, have been using it for a couple hours and it’s rock solid :slight_smile:

@sahay said:

@uncledamfee said:

I never tried radare2 with windows binary

yep you can, I have already tried it but as uncledamfee said it’s really complicated to use :smiley: