Access

@d05cfea said:

@baseball737 said:
Can someone help me get to root, got user 2 days ago but haven’t made much progress since… Can someone PM me for tips

same…

same…

I obviously have to do something with r***s but no matter what syntax I try, i get absolutely nothing. I can’t check the other desktops because they all say access denied.

I’m at a loss at the moment…

Got root, dunno if this was the intended method for it though. It seemed pretty easy :confused:

@Vex20k said:
I obviously have to do something with r***s but no matter what syntax I try, i get absolutely nothing. I can’t check the other desktops because they all say access denied.

same here…

@waldemaro said:

@Vex20k said:

same here…

same here, can someone pm me?

I cant open the f** md* file ??? I checked the size and its fine but says something its wrong with the datab

ok so a few people seem to have the problem that they can’t read root.txt. is this expected? i checked the permissions and as NT_AUTHORITY_SYSTEM i do have full control over it. i don’t get it.

@waldemaro said:

@Vex20k said:

same here…

same here – I’d appreciate a hint

For all those who struggle to read the root.txt although they are NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM or belong to the same group as NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM: think about what you do as a privilege user on your recent personal Windows desktop/laptop when your system asks something because you are trying to install a new program.

You “just” have to translate it in the (non interactive) shell you have.

why doesn’t this ring a bell at all? i’m missing something. stupid windows, there goes my weekend

rooted!!! thanks @14NC3107. i went into a blank stare for 15 minutes and then i was clear. awesome box, i learned a boatload of new stuff

Do in need to get to NT Authority before i get to Administrator?

@ipbsec said:
Do in need to get to NT Authority before i get to Administrator?

I depends on how you are attacking the box, but no you don’t need to.

So, I’m stuck. I can’t figure out how to get root. I tried the runas command but without a password, well… I have read every post here but all the hints ended up doing me no good. Could someone PM a little guidance. Much appreciated.

got user stuck in root any hint pleasE?

Commandline tools and scripting ftw. I really have learned something over the past couple of months.

Could I PM someone who has accessed the server for the first part? Using the info from my nmap scan and protocols available, I need to find out if I’m not doing something wrong or I have a problem with my connection.

Worked out firewall was preventing the server talking back to my computer, thanks to @Tazwake it prevented me from going down rabbit holes.

@JKryten said:
So, I’m stuck. I can’t figure out how to get root. I tried the runas command but without a password, well… I have read every post here but all the hints ended up doing me no good. Could someone PM a little guidance. Much appreciated.

same here if someone can help me
pm me
thx alot
EDIT:GOT IT wrong syntax…

finally got the root, thanx to @tryhardyomismo for hint, any one need hint, please PM :slight_smile:

rooted, thanks @sixtonspacefly