You can do it

@jackshd said:
@Largoat don’t overthink its a really easy challenge

I know that when I get it I’ll think it’s easy. I’ve tried everything I can think of that might class as easy. As soon as I start getting too complex I stop and start again. My brain just doesn’t seem to be able to see the solution.

@fingeron said:

@Stux23 said:
Mannnnn this is driving me nuts. I’ve got possible sentences from rearranging but nothing works as an entry. Any advice other than “use a pen” and “its in the file name” …? Much appreciated!

Simple is better.

I think the reason the hints are like that, is because any extra bit of info might already be a spoiler. Keep it simple, focus on what info you already have (filename), and you’ll see that you can do it.

Thanks fingeron, got stuck on it and all it took was some good advice and positive thinking!

Can someone PM me to help me with this one? I feel very confident I got it within about 5 minutes. I ended up with a short pass-sentence. But every permutation I try with the flag, exclamation point, no exclamation point, caps, lower case, doesn’t seem to work and I’m at a loss.

To decipher any cipher try the following:

1. Use a cipher statistic tool to gather information about the cipher used (You can use this one http://web.archive.org/web/20120624074941/http://home.comcast.net/~acabion/refscore.html).

2. Google a decypher tool based on the statistics.

As a tip for this challenge, I had to find an accurate tool to subdivide the ciphertext into a number of subtexts to gather the flag.

Also remember to submit the flag all in Upper Case and with the exclamation mark.

@fingeron said:
Make sure you append the exclamation mark to the flag.
No tools are necessary. Once you understand the concept, it’s a matter of 5-6 lines of code to efficiently solve this challenge.

Thank you :persevere: !

Treat it like a game of scrabble and the cipher text is your characters, use all characters to win.

I did use all characters, but the easy out thing is not working, any advice by pm? There is a trick here?

@9999volts said:
I did use all characters, but the easy out thing is not working, any advice by pm? There is a trick here?

It’s really easy, do not overthink. You only need pen, paper and the name of the challenge, nothing more.
I employed several hour to get the flag because i spent a lot of time overthinking, now that I solved it I feel dumb

It’s an easy challenge but overthinking it makes it complicated for no reason. Anyone struggling feel free to pm. The filename is your friend… You just have to listen to it…

WOW That was very easy it takes me only 2 mins to solve xD yea I DID it and you will also do it

completed this challenge if need any help feel free to pm :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

If you do it on Paper, it becomes so easy. Be like a child and start solving the jumbled words to make a sense. and yes file name has all the hints :smiley:

uhhh. Yeah I get that they are scrambled letters but I cannot interpret the file name hint.

Jcryptool is pretty useful to automate manual work in some cases. Glad to work on these bite sized challenges and read though the forums to learn new stuff. Thanks everyone :slight_smile:

Type your comment> @MAK said:

Submit the result in following way:-
HTB{UPPERCASEWITHOUTANYSPACE}

Thanks because HTB says its HTB{plaintext} making me think lowercase.

I am 100% sure I have it but it is not accepting it somehow. I typed it with uppercase and still not working… should I include the symbol or without it? well I actually tried both ahhahaha it makes me go crazy.

Edit: It works! sorry :slight_smile:

I feel completely stupid not being able to solve this 10pt challenge …

I know it’s already sad that this is just a scramble problem, but how would I systematically come to this conclusion?
And after that, what would be a systematic way of solving a multi word anagram without natural language processing?

If anyone could PM me with an objective approach I would really appreciate it.

haha i was looking at my text and went , awww cmon, put it ALL together and boom we have a winner