Access

Still stuck with getting Administrator, i found 3 potential password, and tried to use them with runas but no luck.

• Nevermind

Got user, enumerated and found a file that seems to contain the command I would like to run. Ran with the same option used in the file but still get asked for password.

Can someone point me in the right direction? Pretty bad at Windows PrivEsc

Hi, could someone PM me regarding the r…s command? I am not getting any output.
Thx!

Likewise. I’m stuck. It doesn’t help that the connection keeps hanging too.

Got root! PM me for any spoilers :wink:

Got root. This was a fun little box. I got user within 15 minutes and without needing hints for the first time. So i was quite pleased with that. (althought that probably means this box is just very easy)
Root took a bit more time. Mainly because of the nice rabbit hole that i focused on to much. And many of the hints here made me over complicate things, but in the end it turned out to be very straightforeward…
I don’t know why people are having trouble reading the root.txt. I could read it just fine…

If someone can help me stuck at start without user…
Thx.
EDIT : GOT IT

Hey all, got User can’t find the way to Priv esc? can someone DM me? Thanks!

@rlfonseca said:
You just need runas. And you all ask for help about the command not outputing anything that you don’t understand. Maybe thats the challenge :wink:

this is a great hints for getting the root

Am I missing something? I was told to enumerate the desktops, and I have. Got user.txt, a shortcut to a program, and the root.txt. Is that it? Also, seems that someone keeps resetting this machine over and over again. I can’t even get logged into t*****. Please stop resetting the machine.

Any hints on how to get the Access Control.zip file?

Please pm me.

@my4andle said:
I could use a hand still getting pass prompt. Some have helped by giving me manpage for ruXXX but I cant get it to stop prompting. thanks please PM

same here

Yea, this box is fubar. I can’t even cd into the Administrator’s directory now. This is seriously so frustrating. Getting the initial shell was easy, and based on what I’ve been told getting root shouldn’t be this complicated.

Might just take the L and move on. No sense in wasting my time on this machine when other users keep ruining the fun.

Some idiot keeps deleteing a user folder.

Was able to root a few seconds ago. Advice is to not overthink the command syntax, use full paths, and execute a reverse shell instead of reading the file. There is a hint on one of the desktops but it is a bit hard to read.

Access is a nice box. User was quite simple. Root… indeed do not overthink. Nice box. Multiple steps. Learned a lot :slight_smile:

Hack The Box

Can Someone help me how to open the Access *****.pst
Evolution not working to me
pm me please.
EDIT: GOT IT

@ShonAK said:
If someone can help me stuck at start without user…
Thx.

Enumerate it. You’ll find it… getting user is very obvious on this one.

Ok I admit im stumped.

Tried every variation and path for “runas” to get access to certain folder - nada

Also a user folder keeps dissapearing - is this due to someone deleting it because they havent a clue what they are doing ?