Access

Hi folks… owned user. Just need root. Getting stuck and would appreciate a nudge.

So I’ve gotten user. Working toward root. I’m aware of the “sudo -l” equivalent, but I need the credentials to use it.

I saw a hint that there’s a windows management tool that can help with this. Is this tool native? Do I even need to upload anything to make this work?

I suck at Windows systems… any help is appreciated.

Im stucking on root. already got system rights, but I’m still can’t read root.txt. Can anyone PM me?

hi, i have s… user, i’m able to download files, also i found flag owned by other user for root :frowning: hehe still looking for escpriv :slight_smile:

@lnx said:
hi, i have s… user, i’m able to download files, also i found flag owned by other user for root :frowning: hehe still looking for escpriv :slight_smile:

if you get root, pv me a hint please

Thanks

at last after 1 days works, got root wahahaha. don;t know whether it is the right way or it is just because the vm is dirty but my r**a* with some options works :slight_smile:

Stop resetting the box, seriously, think before running things

Ok i am loosing my ■■■■■■■■ mind. I got one User Account , the Administrator Account and the AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Account and still cant open the root flag. Is this intentional?

Currently working on this machine myself - I’ve gotten user, now just trying to get creds for the Admin account so I can continue with this box. I’d love it if someone who’s rooted this already could PM me a hint.

I’m having the same issue with reading the root.txt file. I’ve gotten admin access to where it is, no errors when trying to read it at the right level, but it just won’t read. Any help?

Fun box. Thanks @egre55

Ok how the heck do you decrypt this file seriously have not seen this in the wild before, I am administrator and I cannot decrypt

Box is down for maintenance. Right as I was about to give this another go. Oh well, guess I’ll move onto a different box for the night.

Still stuck with getting Administrator, i found 3 potential password, and tried to use them with runas but no luck.

• Nevermind

Got user, enumerated and found a file that seems to contain the command I would like to run. Ran with the same option used in the file but still get asked for password.

Can someone point me in the right direction? Pretty bad at Windows PrivEsc

Hi, could someone PM me regarding the r…s command? I am not getting any output.
Thx!

Likewise. I’m stuck. It doesn’t help that the connection keeps hanging too.

Got root! PM me for any spoilers :wink:

Got root. This was a fun little box. I got user within 15 minutes and without needing hints for the first time. So i was quite pleased with that. (althought that probably means this box is just very easy)
Root took a bit more time. Mainly because of the nice rabbit hole that i focused on to much. And many of the hints here made me over complicate things, but in the end it turned out to be very straightforeward…
I don’t know why people are having trouble reading the root.txt. I could read it just fine…